IGNORED

Article: Magico LLC December 2013

value |ˈvalyo͞o|

noun1 the regard that something is held to deserve; the importance, worth, or usefulness of something:your support is of great value.• the material or monetary worth of something: prints seldom rise in value | equipment is included up to a total value of $500.• the worth of something compared to the price paid or asked for it: at $12.50 the book is a good value.

ORIGIN Middle English: from Old French, feminine past participle of valoir ‘be worth,’ from Latinvalere .

Value is relative. The price of a good or service is often quoted when discussing value, but it really doesn't have much do with value. I think percentage is a better marker. If I purchase a $300,000 Bentley Mulsanne for $200,000 and the BoM cost is $180,000 I'd say that is a value. Some people might suggest paying $200,000 for a car is preposterous but again, the price is irrelevant. Even if I paid full price for a Bentley Mulsanne I could still say it was a value. The number of zeros before the decimal point shouldn't cloud our judgement of value.

Congrats for the great piece of writing...we "all" understand that the article is not a review and therefore you are absolutely entitle to whatever form of enthusiasm you choose to write...Seeing the Magico from the inside is of course very interesting to me...

Now about value, I disagree...

On my side, I cannot completely disconnect value from price. "Value for money" is the complete expression...

For money, not in absolute terms, because my wallet is finite...

On my view, when I see a loudspeaker from Magico at 20000 USD, I would ask:

Does it values more that it costs? (We don't care about the BOM Cost, our cost is the obtained price)...

Do I perceive it's value as positive (sound and performance in a system)?

Does it has performance to justify its price? Is it better that the other speakers in the same price class?