IGNORED

Audiophile Optimizer Holiday Special announcement

Thanks Ted. I sent the Brix back anyway.. so it's back to the drawing board.. Hey can I ask another Q (sorry for all the Q'ns BTW), but can you load that Win 2012 .iso server over the top of Win8? If you do this will all the old Win8 applications or other software that you may have purchased for normal Windows still run?

It's possible to dual-boot Win Server 2012 with Win 7 or Win 8 and run the OS's separately, but the point of running a dedicated audio server (or two) with Win Server 2012 is to have a little "computing" happening as possible so that the system can focus solely on delivering music to your DAC with perfect timing. AudioPhil's optimizer applied to Win Server 2012 takes that concept to extreme levels.

So, installing Win Server 2012 as an upgrade to Win 8, to keep your old applications is counterproductive and not recommended by AudioPhil.

If convenience is a priority, you could save trouble and expense by just running a Win 7 or 8 system, especially with the free Fidelizer app. It won't sound as good as a Win Server 2012 system, especially one with the Audiophile Optimizer, but it makes for an good compromise between sound and computing convenience.

Phil & Ted, please chime in if I have any of this wrong.

Roon Server: Core i7-3770S, WS2012 + AO => HQP Server: Core, i7-9700K, HQPlayer OS => NAA: Celeron NUC, HQP NAA => ISO Regen with UltraCap LPS 1.2 => Mapleshade USB Cable => Lampizator L4 DSD-Only Balanced DAC Preamp => Blue Jeans Belden Balanced Cables => Mivera PurePower SE Amp => Magnepan 3.7i