IGNORED

Trouble with streaming via UPnP from JRiver<>Oppo105

I've got no problems playing files via UPnP straight off the Oppo's GUI but for some reason can't do it via JRiver

Can someone please post the JRiver UPnP settings to allow this to happen?

Or a link to a page that has them.

New simplified setup: STEREO- Primary listening Area: Cullen Circuits Mod ZP90> Benchmark DAC1>RotelRKB250 Power amp>KEF Q Series. Secondary listening areas: 1/ QNAP 119P II(running MinimServer)>UPnP>Linn Majik DSI>Linn Majik 140's. 2/ (Source awaiting)>Invicta DAC>RotelRKB2100 Power amp>Rega's. Tertiary multiroom areas: Same QNAP>SMB>Sonos>Various. MULTICHANNEL- MacMini>A+(Standalone mode)>Exasound e28 >5.1 analog out>Yamaha Avantage Receiver>Pre-outs>Linn Chakra power amps>Linn Katan front and sides. Linn Trikan Centre. Velodyne SPL1000 Ultra

^ Sorry. Found it. UPnP audio needed to be set in JRiver to L24.. Sorted.

New simplified setup: STEREO- Primary listening Area: Cullen Circuits Mod ZP90> Benchmark DAC1>RotelRKB250 Power amp>KEF Q Series. Secondary listening areas: 1/ QNAP 119P II(running MinimServer)>UPnP>Linn Majik DSI>Linn Majik 140's. 2/ (Source awaiting)>Invicta DAC>RotelRKB2100 Power amp>Rega's. Tertiary multiroom areas: Same QNAP>SMB>Sonos>Various. MULTICHANNEL- MacMini>A+(Standalone mode)>Exasound e28 >5.1 analog out>Yamaha Avantage Receiver>Pre-outs>Linn Chakra power amps>Linn Katan front and sides. Linn Trikan Centre. Velodyne SPL1000 Ultra

Actually it's not sorted. The oppo does Mutlitchannel PCM via direct UPnP from the NAS, but not using JRiver (It's just 2.1)… same 5.1 FLAC file. WT?

My Oppo is turning back into a Blu Ray player..

I've pushed this sucker to it's streamin' limits

I've had a gut full trying to do streaming DSD and surround UPnP proper on this..

I'm switching to an Exasound E28 and I'm going to do Multichannel and DSD properly :)

I haven't used this feature for a while in JRiver. I believe after you turned on "Use Media Network to share this libary...", you need to click under Client Option -> Audio Conversion.

You should set Conversion to Don't Convert Audio and I think then the file on your NAS will be sent to your Oppo directly. When using JRiver for uPNP purposes, it doesn't do any additional signal processing. It can convert an unsupported file format (say ALAC for a uPNP renderer that doesn't support ALAC) into PCM 24 bit (which I think you set) but none of the DSP would kick in. You're really using JRiver as a DLNA Server/Renderer/Controller essentially. JRiver's functionality is quite different when you actually hook a USB DAC directly to the computer running JRiver.