IGNORED

I need help isolating a USB port to stop interruptions to the music stream.

Hello all - I am hoping to find a solution on this forum in an attempt to isolate a USB port so that it can dedicate itself to streaming music without having the odd interruption from other possible computer resources.

I have recently acquired a second hand Consonance Wireless DAC 1.0 (see here: Consonance Wireless DAC w/ Linear technology) and it sounds great - but I get very annoying little interruptions/stutters whilst streaming music which I assume is down to other possible drivers / apps sharing the same resources used by the USB port I have connected to.

Please can you help me isolate the USB port so that I can ether significantly lessen these little blips - or get rid of them altogether?

Is there a tool I can use that helps me find shared resources for example? I am currently using Windows 8 on a Dell Latitude laptop.

Does anyone have a tried and tested methods of removing the occassional 'ticks' from the USB audio stream?

Mine differs I know in the sense that its wireless - but I have use of a WiSpy device that helps me find sources of possible wireless interference (for example the microwave oven proves to create wideband noise across the whole spectrum).

However right now I'm trying to find a possible way of isolating the USB connection resource more tightly in case the CPU is momentarily taking away a little time slice every now and again from USB.

Anyone had the same problem and found a common solution for example?