IGNORED

Who's used the Audiophile Optimizer for Windows 2012 Server or Windows 8?

Hi drez

It's limited to two physical CPU's. I don't think you actually use two physical cpu's, don't you?

One physical CPU with 4 cores will be totally fine, don't worry. you can format your hard drive and just reinstall the trial/evaluation of R2.

Best,

Phil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the answer regarding SS/DF .

Another question as I creep cautiously towards Core Mode. If I use Core Mode with JRMC19 as the shell will I still have the ability to browse to an external USB drive from within JRMC in order to import new music? How about browsing from another computer using \\servername\c$ in order to copy to the server's music drive?

Probably obvious once I take the plunge but I am a bit afraid of "locking the keys in the car" :-)

Best,

Paul

Hi Paul

Yes, sure. Just follow the manual closely, all you ask is covered in the manual. ServiceTool will always "save your ass". If you don't know how to start it once you are in core mode, please read the FAQ section of the PDF guide.

Best,

Phil

____________________________________________________________________________________

Hi

Indeed, if you really take your time to read the instructions in detail, it certainly is a lot to read. But it's definitely the RIGHT approach!

If you have to install a new driver (which requires compatibility mode) or want to install windows updates, change between modes etc, you need to do a reset via ServiceTool before you install your new driver. After you finished your maintenance work, do a full run again with the AO to have your system fully optimized again.

Most installations (drivers, software, etc) can be done directly in core mode. I know only about one application that does not work in core mode, the installer of JRiver Media Center. So if you want to upgrade Media Center, do a reset via ServiceTool, Switch to GUI via ServiceTool, Upgrade JRiver, switch to core via ServiceTool and finally do a full run with the AO again.

Best,

Phil

Hello Folks

I've done intensive testing with hundreds of modifications. PROCTHROTTLEMIN/MAX is just one of a sheer endless "recipe" of modifications the Optimizer applies to a system. For the most customers i definitely recommend not to play around with powercfg, at least don't write me support emails if you shoot something :-)

Best,

Phil

Preview Version 1.26b1

===============================================

- Harmonizing of AudiohpileOptimizer, ServiceTool & Setup

- MMCSS/WASAPI optimization is now optional, better settings (relevant for SQ)

- No WASAPI/MMCSS Optimization in core mode (since useless)

- Express Mode (AudioPC) now uses 4D as default SS/DF (instead of 1B)

(Express Mode (ControlPC/SinglePC) still uses 1B as default SS/DF)

- JPLAY detector (If JPLAY service doesn't run, usage type will be SinglePC)

- Upgrade detector for setup.exe (install or upgrade AO)

- Setup.exe will automatically do a reset via ServiceTool in upgrade mode

- ServiceTool will do a reset if started with parameter "-r"

- Switching to core mode will always restore default shell (command prompt)

- All shell replacements no longer hardcoded to C:\

- Shell replacement for JRiver 17,18 &19 combined in one function

- Shell Replacement for Qobuz Desktop

- Shell Replacement for WiMP

Hi Mike

...copy/paste from my homepage :)

- Supported OS's:

Windows Server 2012 (Standard, Foundation & Datacenter)

Windows Server 2012 R2 (Standard, Essentials, Foundation & Datacenter)

All four editions offer core mode, even if Microsoft Site tells you it doesn't. I think the meaning is you

won't have any support from them in core mode, i don't know for sure. But i know for 100% that both

Essentials and Foundation offers core mode, and AO will make KS working in both of them.

(i would never released support for those two variants, if there where no core mode)

Best,

Phil

Hi

1. Do a reset via ServiceTool

2. Install new drivers (reboot)

3. Plug in and turn on DAC

4. Test everything for functionality

5. Do a full run with AO

best,

phil

Hello folks

A german customer showed me a little tool which i find highly interesting. i already tested it an it works great. Your Windows Server 2012 System will become an "AirPlay" device using this tool! For those who need streaming capabilities, let's say for WiMP or Qobuz iPhone App (both offer lossless streaming), this is a cool thing! It's called "Shairport4w"

http://sourceforge.net/project…..airport4w/

Best,

Phil

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys

AO currently offers no command options. ServiceTool from 1.26b1 does now offer -r switch, this will instantly start the reset procedure.

in a future release AO will offer an "ultimate mode" switch. it will offer even more options and possibilities, and some features of the current advanced mode will be transfered into ultimate mode. Ultimate mode will only be avaiable via command switch, it's only for those who know exact what they are doing.

this is what 1.26b1 currently offers, you have to log in my download page to see the link:

=========================================================

– Harmonizing of AudiohpileOptimizer, ServiceTool & Setup (all three look and feel the same)

– MMCSS/WASAPI optimization is now optional, better settings (relevant for SQ)

– No WASAPI/MMCSS Optimization in core mode (since useless)

– Express Mode (AudioPC) now uses 4D as default SS/DF (instead of 1B)

(Express Mode (ControlPC/SinglePC) still uses 1B as default SS/DF)

– JPLAY detector (If JPLAY service doesn't run, usage type will be SinglePC)

– Upgrade detector for setup.exe (install or upgrade AO)

– Setup.exe will automatically do a reset via ServiceTool in upgrade mode

– ServiceTool will do a reset if started with parameter "-r"

– Switching to core mode will always restore default shell (command prompt)

– All shell replacements no longer hardcoded to C:

– Shell replacement for JRiver 17,18 &19 combined in one function

– Shell Replacement for Qobuz Desktop

– Shell Replacement for WiMP

Enjoy it,

Phil

Good question. My task manager reports similarly, with 22 processes instead of your 18. I am running WS2012R2/AO /jplay/Foobar, nothing else on a i7 laptop.

Hi

I did a mistake while creating the text on my website. I mixed up "running services" with processes and processes with threads. Sorry about the mistake, i will update the homepage's text.

This is a screenshot of my machine, but it's hard to get that low. you must be in core mode, no jplay installed, no trial version of OS will go that low, you must use AO in advanced mode with all options, no JRiver installed, etc etc.. The values you have (18 proc, 130 threads, etc) are totally OK, nothing to worry about.

TaskManagerCPU.jpg

Best,

Phil

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

I think you misunderstood some parts. the static IP is not needed to activate AO. You can activate AO also without having network or internet at all. The static IP is needed if you want to use all options AO offers and combine them with a Dual-PC Setup or want to use a remote App like JRemote.

The static IP is needed in your internal network, not for your internet connection. You can define a static IP like this: http://www.sysads.co.uk/2013/01/assign-a-static-ip-address-to-windows-server-2012/

Best,

Phil

Hi Ed

Nothing to worry about. in your case, not using "disable network related services" is the cause. If you need those services, you can't get any lower.

But that's no problem anyway... In general you all should not worry to much about the number of running services etc. The whole part of disabling stuff is only indirectly affecting sound quality. It is needed to have low latency values and avoid dropouts and hickups, but not much more. If you don't have dropouts you should not worry to much about it. There are hundreds of other paramater which matter much more in terms of sound quality than the whole disabling services part of the Optimizer.

Best,

Phil

Hi

Yes, i had a complete FC8 here for testing including the clock-modified MoBo and PPA RAM. Results where simply amazing. Yes, you can reach us via [email protected] to get a quote for whatever PPA part you need.

Best,

Phil

Ok, thats is good to hear. I Always have to trust that everything is ok setup wise. I Always have the impression that I just did not everything possible, just because there are so much different adjustments!

By the way, I installed the 1.26a beta version, and as suggested above, this version gives much better detail than 1.24. Before buying the AO script my only complaint was the lack of detail and the somewhat distant presentation compared to Vortexbox. I have to compare both to make my final conclusion, but it seems that this version suits my preferences much better!

Hi

That's great to hear. Meanwhile 1.26b2 is up on the server, only a few but important changes for setup.exe and ServiceTool.

Best,

Phil

• 1 month later...

Hey Keith

Thank for asking, yes all is well. My life changed a bit since i got father... :) And lately my real-life job was very demanding, just finished the biggest project of the whole year by last weekend. It went very well, so a lot of tension is gone now. swiss national day (1st of august) will be the starting point of my long awaited holidays...

...for those how did not yet realize, 1.26 is out sine a few days! :)

Very best,

Phil

I think my website provider had a "hiccup" :-) i also got a message from the security monitoring service which checks the site for viruses and malware etc, so the site was definitely offline for a while. But all good now.