IGNORED

Who's used the Audiophile Optimizer for Windows 2012 Server or Windows 8?

Hi

It's more like a money-back guarantee made possible by a "special trial" version which will only run on trial/evaluation installations of Server 2012/R2, but has no other (sonic) limitations. Unlike the regular version, it will generate a completely different hardware-id after every format and re-installation. These two components essentially allow me to offer a money-back guarantee/trial if requested after purchase.

Best,

Phil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

Hi

You can do it right during listening to a song, this will let you hear the differences immediately. Just hit Ctrl-Alt-Del to start the taskmanager, then launch the Optimizer to change sound signatures and or digital filters. You can press "S" after you selected SS and DF to start over again, so you can tweak around until you find your best setting.

VIDEO:

Best,

Phil

____________________________________________________________________________________

Hi

Don't worry about this, the Optimizer will take care of it the right way. JRemote will work like a charm, if you follow the guide. (don't use DHCP IP Adresses!)

Would someone give me some guidance so I can get movin on Phil's AO? Also, in device manager I have "SM Bus Controller" that is unknown along with "PCI Simple Communications Controller". Should I disable both?

Hi

Sorry for the long delay. Yes, you can disable both, you won't need either one. Personally i always disable both of them.

Best,

Phil

I switched from W8.1 to WS2012R2 with AudioPhil's Optimizer earlier today. It was a worthwhile investment in time and money for the improvements in sound. I made the switch to core this evening (single PC, kernel-streaming) and I am truly impressed!

Details are so naturally revealed. Noise (that I didn't know was there) is substantially decreased which allows the space of the recording, among many other details, to be really fleshed out. There is substantially less harshness while simultaneously sounding more dynamic. Patricia Barber's "Touch of Trash" from her Companion CD has always been a fairly harsh recording, especially relative to the other tracks on that CD. In core (4D signatures), it sounds like a completely different recording and so much more musically interesting. Much of what I listened to tonight left me with a similar impression...just plain more natural.

I'm impressed. Thanks, Phil.

Oh i see you made some progress, very nice. Glad you like the result result! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to announce that since today there are 500 AudiophileOptimizer Users around the world.

And this on all five continents! ...yes, in Africa as well! :)

These are the optimized countries: United States, Germany, Netherlands, Taiwan, Singapore, Hong Kong, South Korea, China, Switzerland, Italy, UK, Ireland, France, Canada, Australia, Turkey, Russia, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Denmark, Hungary, Belgium, Poland, Bulgaria, Israel, Portugal, New Zealand, Greece, Austria, Malaysia, India, Argentina, Czech Republic, Brazil, Macedonia, Serbia, Croatia, Lithuania, Spain, Mexico, Romania, Bulgaria, Mozambique and Jamaica.

Actually there are three users in total in "La Réunion"! :)

For those not aware where exactly La Réunion is..... go have a look at google maps!

So, if I'm reading this correctly, the basic laptop sounds similar to the desktop that has the hardware upgrades. Doesn't that suggest that the AO has a larger impact on sound quality than the hardware upgrades do?

Keith

It's always impressive to hear how big the impact of software (OS treatment) really is compared to (audiophile) hardware of all kind. mankind is probably not yet ready for this to be true. but still it is...

Especially if you take the prices we all pay for such hardware into consideration.... well that's why i get so many "best 100€ ever spent" feedbacks :)

I went trough every version of windows since microsoft threw it on the market. Including DOS i can offer over two decades of experience with Microsoft products. But i am barely able to install a linux distribution...

sorry, no linux AO comming from me :(

.NET 3.5 is possible, but a bit tricky to install. Microsoft removed the net35 binaries from the standard installation. Install net35 like this:

How to install .NET Framework 3.5 on Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2 | Daniel Classon

...have a preview what 1.25 will bring:

Version 1.25b3

==============================================

- Support for Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials Edition

- ServiceTool offers preparation mode for 2012 R2 Essentials Edition

- Possibility to disable USB Optimization via AudiohpileOptimizer

- JRiver Media Center 17 shell replacement via ServiceTool (pcaudio.kr)

- WASAPI(MMCSS) Optimization

- Several bugfixes

Current customers can now test 1.25b3, please email me to get the beta.

Best,

Phil

There are no differences between Standard, Datacenter, Foundation and Essentials.

There are small differences between R1 and R2, more than 95% prefer R2.

Hi Phil,

Just bringing up a Windows 2012 R2 audio server and am wondering if you offer a trial version of OA?

Best,

Paul

hey Paul

a classic "trial" is technically impossible. But what i can offer is a special 14-day money back guarantee. Please mail me at [email protected] so i can send you the infos about how exactly that 14-day deal works. (Basically its a special version bound to trial/eval versions of server 2012/R2.)

best,

phil

I hope you are right. It sounds just different then Linux, but not necessarily much better. I think I'll give it a try. Thanks!

hey edje

people are raving about their systems optimized with my AudiophileOptimizer :-)

without it, it will sound good. Better than w7/w8, but don't expect any magic without AO.

best,

phil

Yes, i tried Jriver without Jplay (thats what I have started with). Just added Jplay, but did not give me the magic everyone was raving about. Never tried anything else then MC19, so cannot comment about the sound quality of it compared to previous versions.

Linux (Vortexbox in particular) is so much easier to install than Windows. I started with Lubuntu a year ago, and indeed that was a hussle, but Vortexbox is so easy to get running, with a perfect app and free of charge. So that is my big dilemma now. Put some more money in a windows environment with the risk of getting frustrated too much or get lazy with Vortexbox and always have a thought that there might be a better solution around.

I completely agree with you, I also had hope there is some computer audiophile who press everything out of Linux like Phil does. Because of the natural leanness of the Linux kernel I always thought Linux would be the best platform to build the perfect music server on. But it seems that Linux reached its limit in that way. It is a good possibility that there are to few Linux audiophiles which are willing to put time and energy in optimizing the operating system.

i had the same idea about linux, small kernel etc. But disabling as much as possible etc is hardly 10% of the end results. There are so many things which matter much more than this.... A small footprint is just the basic platform for stable operation. The "magic" comes from somewhere else... :-)

best,

Phil

Can you confirm for 100% you followed every step in the guide?

- did you format your current installation?

- did you use any foreign scripts?

- are you in core mode

- did you use advanced mode of AO?

- What filters do you use?

- what latency settings is your dac using?

best,

phil

I couldn't say it any better. Express Mode gives a highly compatible result, but certainly not the best sounding. Staggering sound quality unfortunately has it's price...

get familiar with advanced mode, try to say yes as often as you can. Make also sure you applied all recommended bios modifiactions (as close as possible).

best,

phil

Hi

Your settings look great to me, not much more you can do.

please send me an EMAIL describing in detail how you power

your components.

best,

phil

With these settings you can remote in, right? I still don't understand the difference between remote management and remote desktop. I assume most of us use remote desktop to make changes.

Hi

RemoteDesktop is a graphical remote access while remote management is only via command line (powershell, winrs, etc.)

Best,

Phil

Hey Folks

AudiophileOptimizer 1.25b3 (beta 3) is now available for all existing customers. You can download it using the known download button on my homepage. There are some other news on my front page worth reading by the way! :)

1.25b3 includes a few new things, please read the change log:

Version 1.25b3

============================================

– Support for Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials Edition

– ServiceTool offers preparation mode for 2012 R2 Essentials Edition

– Possibility to disable USB Optimization via AudiohpileOptimizer

– JRiver Media Center 17 shell replacement via ServiceTool (upon request by pcaudio.kr)

– WASAPI(MMCSS) optimization (relevant for SQ)

– 2 new registry modifications (relevant for SQ)

– Introduction of Installer (setup.exe)

– Creates directory C:\AO and C:\AO\Tools (it will use your system drive what will most likely be C:\)

– Copies AudiophileOptimizer and ServiceTool into AO folder

– Copies batch and registry files into AOTools folder

– Configures path variable (you can run AO and ST from

every location/folder inside a command prompt window)

– Creates start menu folder and links

– Creates links on Desktop

– Can be used for initial installation or upgrading existing ones

Have fun,

Phil

Hi

The binaries related to the audio architecture are exactly the same within an Edition (R1 or R2), the variants within an Edition (Standard, Datacenter, Foundation, Essentials) do not vary.

So there is only a difference between R1 and R2, but not between the variants.

Best,

Phil