IGNORED

Who's used the Audiophile Optimizer for Windows 2012 Server or Windows 8?

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Advice needed. Now that tidal does mqa I use it mkre often before in would go out of core mode and use it.

I did the update and put AO in minimal mode to use both j river and tidal . I also have fidilizer pro to. It worked fine . Then I shutdown system and rebooted now only jriver shows . Now fidilizer pro is set to be used with j river and as such loads it automatically.

Advice on being able to use either , also will core mode and tidal work at some point. I do try to load tidal from desktop it does not load . Please excuse if this has been discussed already .

Thanks in advance

• 2 months later...

A good server is the absolute foundation for digital Media playback. Only a dac maker who also plays disks directly can get close to any dac from a good server. 

I own a hi end lampi and a hi end Msb stack 

the Msb stack has the umt plus that is a streamer and sacd payer. My point is even the Msb and lampi needs a good server it's why I spent 15 k more for the umt plus and its own transport psu.  

Building a server around phils AO is a must have it opens up the Music in. Ways you don't know till you hear it.  

• 1 month later...

If you mean me yes. Not only that but I did not know the importance of good power and faster processors. What I did to compensate was expensive spidif converters.  

Offramp 5 buy empirical Audio and audiophileo 

ap1 /pure power these devices really improved things. But having said that what AO does and his help in building a better server was a leap 

I think my use of server is being mislead by some. For me a server is simply any desk top built for one purpose. Before AO I had a dedicated desk top very fast all the bells but only used it for music. And no internet or anitivirus. Foobar and j river. Win 7 

but I do see others view as well. Having said that what AO does with the use of win SER xx 

is a large increase in better Audio and I don't use any type of spidif converters with it. For me the server I built is better than what they did in imporvemts with win 7

keep in mind my server is all out with four D.C. Psu s and all Audio grade main board and USB card.  

PHIL last night I did the update of beta 5 2.20. 

Wow it sounds trwllly good. Did you lower the digital noise floor somehow. The music has plenty of air but absolute silence behind the music. Core mode really is amazing and min mode is very good too.  No issues during install complelty seamless. The only thing I do during install is stop fid pro till after its back in core mode.  I always stop fid for updates as a precaution 

• 4 months later...

His programs are tuely

the unsung hero of digital Audio.  

I have one server that is a quad boot.  

It has two kinds of solid state hard drives 

one being typical sata 3.  The other is sata 2 from PAUL pang. 

The Samsung sata 3 is Tri boot alone it has win 

10 pro , server 2012 , server 2016.  

I did it to hear what windows sounds best for me. The point is it’s a must have in digtal Audio hands down a big move towards analog relaxing type sound.