IGNORED

Frequent power grid outage - any damage or problems with streamers ? (linn, chord, lumin ...)

hi,

i will relocate to africa for 3 years and the power grid is unreliable (outage at least one a day). i will have to decide if i go with a streamer (lindemann musicbook or chord codeX) or with a macbook pro and a lynx hilo (safe option). will a streamer suffer or get damaged from frequent power outage and rebooting?

i will use a ac regenerator for source and amps (power inspired ag1500) but no battery packs (to big and heavy for relocation) (rest of the system: ncore monos and magnepan mg12)

any comment or recommendation for my situation ?

AIFF - LINN Klimax DS/1 Renew - Grimm TPA XLR - Neumann KH120AW Studio Monitors

Not sure of the best answer. However, I'd not rule out battery power. Battery technology has advanced quite a lot. For example Red Wine Audio produces battery power supplies and you might check and see what they have that might power what you get. Just a thought.

Getting a laptop strikes me as a good choice precisely because it is designed to run off battery. Of course you might well find uses for a laptop beyond music listening.

2013 MacBook Pro Retina -> {Pure Music | Audirvana} -> {Dragonfly Red v.1} -> AKG K-702 or Sennheiser HD650 headphones.