IGNORED

Mutec MC-3+

Everyone,

Sorry for asking a question which is probably obvious to most of you, but I am new to the Mutec. Is there any advantage to re-clocking to 192/24 versus 96/24? Since we are not talking about up-sampling when re-clocking, I am a little confused here.

Thanks for your patience,

Bacon

Hi Bacon,

In fact you do not have to bother with this clock rate. When you adjust the MC3+ USB to Internal + Reclocking which is the default for reclocking any USB / PCM stream, the MC3+ USB will automatically detect which is the clock rate of the input stream and apply the same clock rate when reclocking. So the output will be at the same clock rate. Very straightforward in fact, you never have to decide about clock rates in this mode.

So the only decision you have to make is related to the sampling rate which works best with your DAC. I personally like 24/192 with my equipment, but this is a very personal choice ;). And you have to organize yourself, either by offline upsampling or by on-line upsampling in JRiver or Aurdivana, to feed the Mutec with the appropriate file.

Perfect! Thanks much.

A slight side topic that perhaps one of you can help me with ...

I have put together a htpc (win 10) which I would like to use for playing my music library via Roon, HQPlayer, then reclocking via the Mutec. All tests have been positive so far. :-)

Now for the challenging part (at least for me ;-), I would like to play video via Kodi but when selecting the Mutec (either Direct Sound or Wasapi) in the Kodi audio settings, I am not getting any output. I am decoding all multi-channel to stereo via Kodi before passing on to the Mutec. Could it be an exclusivity conflict between the HQplayer and Kodi?

Any suggestions?

Bacon

• 4 months later...

I have recently added a Trinnov ST-2 to my system and am trying to determine what the best clock settings would be for it together with the Mutec.

Within the Trinnov I have the possibility of using it's own internal clock or feeding it with an external word clock / signal in slave mode.

Since I have never really understood how the clock generator idea works, perhaps someone could recommend the best approach / settings?

Thanks.

I have recently added a Trinnov ST-2 to my system and am trying to determine what the best clock settings would be for it together with the Mutec.

Within the Trinnov I have the possibility of using it's own internal clock or feeding it with an external word clock / signal in slave mode.

Since I have never really understood how the clock generator idea works, perhaps someone could recommend the best approach / settings?

Thanks.

Perhaps I should be a bit more specific in my question? :)

Situation: It appears the the Trinnov automatically assumes slave mode for the clock synchronization (external source) based upon the audio signal (PCM) received from the Mutec via Coax.

Question: Reading the Mutec manual it seems that one can use a dedicated connection only for the word clock signal synchronization generated by the Mutec and the devices it is connected to. Is this correct? If so, is there an advantage to this as opposed to synchronizing over the connection which is used to transport the audio (pcm) signal?