IGNORED

SOtM Mini Server - sMS-100 Announced

thx Mark

but strange that you found no difference between the sotm vs a pc or a SBtouch...

your dac input might be not as good as other inputs of your dac, toslink or coax ?...

This is not what people say on other forums.

I'll receive my sotm this week. I'll do some testing and let you know. I'm waiting for my new dac too. So i expect my source quality to surge ;-)

if not, grrrrr !

2.1 basic stuff => 2 mains are Dynaudio Core59 + sub Dynaudio 18s

Actives / digital AES in / active correction on PC side

Passive daddy setup is dead

hi, if somebody can help me. I set up the sotm, in dlna, very happy with it, perfect little box, far above I expected.

Now my problem is I can't enter the web interface anymore...

I use the link : myVAMP to get the ip address

then I click on it and... I get a blank page on my browser (not due to Firefox, same thin with Explorer & Opera).

How could I get in touch again with the sotm interface ?

There is no reset button on the box, so I tried to unplug the ethernet wire, unplug/plug the power supply, but nothing changed. I'm a bit lost.

Thanks if you have an idea ;-)

Rgds

• 2 weeks later...

hi Noikw91,

I can confirm what Eloise says, at least what I experience.

I use the sotm-100 in DLNA, I find it more convenient.

I just installed Minimserver on my NAS & on my PC.

I use Upnplayer as a controler on android, the best player according to me because simple/stable/quick.

By doing so, I can stream music from my NAS or my PC.

I installed Minimserver on my PC to stream as I could do via itunes in Airplay, like that, I do not need to go to the sotm interface to switch from dlna to airplay mode. You just have to config minimserver to look at the itunes folders. On the Upnplayer I just have to select the server or the nas or the pc.

Works perfectly because I'm used to jump from a music to another like crasy time to time, and the sotm follows me, without bugs. Great little box.

Just add a good DAC to the sotm, and it sounds fluid & good. As simple as that.

Rgds

Why should I buy JRiver when Minimserver is free ?... Minimserver is doing transcoding to wav24bits on the nas (a basic Syno 212J, with low CPU & low RAM), data flows without trouble. Sounds seems to be more analogic & fluid. Fine for me... for free ;-)

• 3 months later...

hi realmassy,

which LPS do you use ? Teddy, diy... ?

I'll try the Keces dc116 next week on my sms100

rgds

• 1 month later...

hi

sms100 works with the Hex.

on the French audiophile forum in the thread related to the Hex vfrpoye has a system combining both, linked with the TotalDac usb cable.

rgds

• 2 weeks later...

3. There is a selection box in Settings/MPD-DLNA that makes the unit compatible with the OhMedia - OpenHome protocol. Specifically, the Linn Kinsky and Linn Kazoo apps with playlist support can now be used as controllers.

dear Jesus,

does it mean that if you install Songcast on my pc i will be able to stream any sound from the computer to the sotm ? for instance the sound of any video watched on the pc ?

thanks Jesus.

Once more, well done Jesus. Sms100 hardware is good but you make it really really perfect :-)

rgds

hi patatorz,

if you want the server to be on the nas, you have minimserver. it can stream dsd now (i think... i do not have dsd...). Then use thru the sotm in dlna with the app you want. Too simple.

rgds

• 3 months later...

Just a request for software developers :

If I've well understood, Linn uses OpenHome for multiroom but as well in combination with Songcast to enable to stream audio from computer to their streamers.

As sotm SMS100 is OpenHome compliant from v.1.3, why still can't we stream to the SMS100 computer sound as Linn owners do to their streamers ?...

Is this a development which is in the pipe for v1.4 ?

I think we are a few people to use USB to our DAC to hear our PC to hifi system. We have a SMS and it is somehow a pity to use it only to stream music files only & not any sound from computer. My computer is the starting point of all entertainment (music, web, tv, movies), as many of us, thus such a function becomes straight forward, I think.

Is this so tricky is term of implementation that this functionnality does not exist still ?

Thanks

Rgds

• 4 weeks later...

hi

regarding the LPSU, Mickael from Teradak told me you need a LPSU that can deliver 1.4times at the minimum the amperes that the wall wart psu, simply because LPSU are less efficient by construction.

Personally i use the double output Keces LPSU ffor my sms100, the improvement was rather subjective. That's also what people with the sotm battery are saying. An lpsu is far cheaper than sotm battery.

Teradak is great. I received a 12v13A for my dac, great improvement over the Keces 12v3A. It appears that more the LPSU can deliver high amperes better is the sound, so nicely analogic. Go for it.

Rgds