IGNORED

exaSound e18 - e20 - e28 - Info and Experiences Post All Here

• 2 months later...
It would be interesting to hear the results in following listening tests either with e20 MK III or e28.

I do not have exasound e20 or e28, but the product family is representing such functionalities I would expect from future driven computer audio separates hardware, where I can select any (redbook CD, FLAC type or ...) player with digital output and the good multichannel DAC (or DAC-preamp) with rich input functionalities + the rest of the audio chain components separately. Proposed test c) is imaginary, because such input functionality does not exist in e28, but that is requested to the supported functionalities product roadmap (to any high quality multichannel DAC) !

Then the following requested Exasound A/B listening tests:

a) signal input 1 to the SPDIF 1 in from a redbook CD transport

b) signal input 2 to the USB bit perfect in from a dedicated computer (FLAC) player

Both tested preferably with XLR output from Exasound to the rest of the audio chain components and trying to find some qualitative differencies in the A/B test. Preferably play with for example with Oppo 93/95/103/105 or equivalent with spdif out from a redbook CD and then the other test part from a FLAC source that is ripped from the same well mastered CD source.

If the Exasound 28 could have HDMI-input also supporting native SACD DSD over HDMI audio input I would buy it immediately to solve the digital sacd MCH listening challenges with a good MCH DSD DAC. Therefore the Imaginary test 3 that would be a modified test b) and the new comparison alternative:

b) MCH DSD signal input 2 to the USB bit perfect in of e28 from a dedicated computer player (preferably riped MCH SACD signal source )

c) use HDMI input of negt gen. Exasound e28 MK II from universal SACD player that sends DSD over HDMI

Nice to have this forum :-)

What DAC do you own now ?

The Truth Is Out There

• 1 month later...
Larry, I don't use A+, I use JRiver. In that player there is only one variable I change in the DSP studio (along with picking the 8 channel driver, of course). The remaining issues like bass management, etc have to do with channels other than the fronts (channels 1 and 2) so they are not affected when playing stereo, and automatically turned off when playing bitstreamed DSD in either case..

Hey ted, did George ever get 'integer mode' worked out for the mac guys.

The Truth Is Out There

Thanks for the ideas. I was also thinking about installing JRiver in my Mac Mini and running the e28 with one and my BADA2 with the other. Is George a person with JRiver or ExaSound? Exa Sound said they were trying to get Audirvana to work in direct or integer mode (not sure whether these are the same) but haven't been able to do so. They say they are working on it with Audirvana. If JRiver isn't in integer mode on the Mac, maybe I wait. I would like to hear the multichannel files at their best through the Mac. I do also have a PC (fanless Zalman case with Win XP) but I am using it in my vinyl ripping project (from 8AM to midnight, every day I am home), so I would prefer to use the Mac Mini.

Larry[/quote

George is ExaSound and one heck of a nice guy to chat with

The Truth Is Out There