IGNORED

Call for testers! Daphile

Has anyone got the youtube plugin nworking. I installed it and it worked as far as doing a search and getting results with graphics ( stills) but wouldnt play anything. Am I doing something wrong or has anyone any tips.

Thanks

thyristor44

Some problem here. I hit play and it ticks off one or two seconds then stops. I was wondering if the fact that the video stream is being passed through along with the audio means having to change settings somewhere for a larger allowance of data than the default provides.

I'd like to know if anybody has gotten ShairTunes to work. I've followed the instructions by adding the url provided (https://raw.githubusercontent.com/StuartUSA/shairport_plugin/master/public.xml) in the field at the bottom of the Plugins tab. I hit Enter, or alternatively I've tried hitting the Apply button. Either way, the screen will say my changes have been saved but no plugin that appears to be ShairTunes or Airplay related appears in the Plug-in list afterward. I've tried several times, including attempts to reboot after and nothing is working as far as I can tell.

This being my first post, I'll introduce myself by saying that I know nothing about Linux and little about being a computer audiophile :) I've been enjoying Daphile for a couple of weeks now, running it from a USB stick on an Acer Aspire Revo R3700 through a Schiit Modi DAC.

I've not tried ShairTunes or the Youtube plugin,

Sorry if I was unclear. My ShairTunes issues has nothing to do with the YouTube issue, I just brought it up in the same post. I'd like help getting Shairtunes installed as an available Plug-in.

Nope. You were clear. :) I was just thinking the issues "might" be related.

I played with this a bit and found that http://raw.githubusercontent.com/StuartUSA/shairport_plugin/master/public.xml

in place of your link gave me the ShairTunes Integration Plugin to activate.

I don't use ShairTunes so let me know if it gets you anywhere.

HTH!

That was it! Thank you so much. You have no idea how far you just got me in justifying to my girlfriend the time I've spent setting up this system :)

I need to figure out why the audio is out of sync with video when I play shows, but this is a huge step. Thank you again!

I'm thinking you're right that this setting may not help my issue and is perhaps more intended for optimizing a low resolution stream, but I'd like to find out. Unfortunately, I could not test it because I'm not finding any additional settings associated with the plug-in. Where were you in Daphile that you found the low resolution option? When I'm in the Plug-in tab in Advanced Settings I see no options next to the ShairTunes plug-in, whereas some other plug-ins have a Settings link to the right of their descriptions.

If this has become too off-topic for the Daphile thread, please feel free to respond privately; though, with the dearth of documentation on Daphile, I would hope it's appropriate to keep it here to aid others.

Thank you again for your time.

LOL! First time I've been thanked for being a "relationship counselor" :)

Glad my tinkering was helpful.

I did notice a check box under the Advanced controls for ShairTunes plugin in the media server.

It forced "low resolution" I think, whatever that means. That may not have any affect on the sync problem but it was the only control available for ShairTunes in the plugin that I could find.

Good luck!

Hello,

I downloaded the 32-bit x86: daphile-15.02-b120952-i486.iso and burn it on two different USB drive hopping to install it on a netbook called the Fujitsu M2010.

However, whenever I selected boot from USB in the bios, the netbook just glowing in a black screen and have no responses.

I've tried the USB on another pc and it functions well.

Is there any solution?

Do you have another USB storage device plugged into the computer that isn't booting? I've found that whenever I introduce a new USB storage device and boot my computer, the new device is given priority and I get a black screen with a flashing cursor. The only solution is to access the BIOS with both devices plugged in and select my daphile stick as first priority. After that, no issues booting into daphile, but it will likely come up again when I upgrade my storage to a better device. This is a quirk of my computer and not a daphile problem but it does present a challenge to headless operation since I need to use a monitor to change the BIOS settings.

Also, my computer (Acer Aspire Revo 3700) treats USB storage devices as hard drives so I have to arrange the devices under hard drive priority, not USB drive priority in my BIOS.

A workaround is to boot the computer with only the daphile stick plugged in, then plug in the storage device once it's loaded, but since you're on a netbook it's easy for you to check your BIOS.

I'm a little confused about whether I have a Daphile install that can be upgraded, or whether it's static. I followed the instructions to install on a USB stick using the Universal USB Installer and I've been using it for weeks like that. My understanding was that I would have to use that installation to install to another USB stick under the firmware upgrade settings in order to have an installation that I could upgrade. Additionally, the stick it's on is grayed out under the firmware upgrade dropdown, which would seem to indicate a static installation. However, I've seen other users report that they do not have the ability to save any settings under the static installation, whereas I've been tweaking and changing settings without issue.

Anybody know whether I have to do an installation to another USB stick in order to perform upgrades when they're available?

Yes.

Thank you. I thought as much but questioned it when I saw that others couldn't change settings while I could. Perhaps they were running from a CD. I wish the developer's instructions did not note the USB iso installation as "recommended" as that lent to my confusion. Why recommend the method that limits your upgrade potential?

You will also experience optimal library indexing performance when running Daphile from internal SSD.

Do you mind elaborating on that? Do you mean just running Daphile from internal ssd, or keeping your full library there as well (beyond my means, unfortunately)?

Someone else reported a slow playback issue, so I thought I should share my experience. For the sake of completeness, I'm running Daphile on a 4gb USB stick booting on an Acer Revo 3700, same build as here: http://www.amazon.com/Acer-AspireRevo-AR3700-U3002-Compact-Desktop/dp/B00433SP6G. I've been running it from a USB live installation until just a few days ago when I installed the upgradeable version to a USB stick (the same stick I'd used in the past). I run the latest 64 bit version. My collection is on an external USB drive and I'm making no use of the Revo's hdd.

I was listening to internet radio via Tune In controlled on Orange Squeeze on my android. I plugged my phone in because it was low on battery and stepped outside for ten minutes. Unfortunately, I was not present when something went wrong but when I came back inside the music was not playing. I was not able to connect to Daphile through Orange Squeeze or the web UI on my laptop.

Unsure of any other option, I did a hard shutdown of the PC. When I brought it back up, I reconnected fine but the playback was slow which was most evident hearing the internet radio DJ's voice. As someone else described, like a vinyl record played at too slow of a speed. It seemed an issue across all radio stations. I restarted Daphile and everything seems fine again.

Possibly worth noting is that my android phone did an automatic update of the Tune In app while I was outside. I think I have it set for updates when it's plugged in. As only a controller device, though, I don't know why this might affect Daphile's playback.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the image you wanted to see:

The only difference I notice in my setup is where you have the source directory as "/Living Room" mine would say "Living Room/" for a directory on the root of my USB drive. Don't know if that will get you anywhere but if it's not recognizing the directory the way you input it maybe it's restricting the RW option.

Well your display looks a bit different than mine.

I'm using version 15.02-b120952-x86_64

All my Types say vfat, not ntfs or ext4. Probably just the formatting I did differently.

Where you show a "Use" column and one check box each drive, I show a "Usage" column with dropdowns for "Disable Music Backup Other" for each drive.

None of that explains why yours doesn't hold RW, unless it's just an older version with a bug.

I've only used the same version you note here (unless an unannounced update hit the homepage sometime in the past month), first as a USB live install and now as a full install, and I've noticed slight differences in the settings options. For example, in the USB live version I had an option to only scan music folders manually which appears to be missing in the full install and replaced with different scan options (unless I've just forgotten where the setting was). I also found the USB live installation more stable.

This is normally found under the INFO tab but you may be correct about it being missing from the USB Live version.

You misunderstand. In the USB live version I had two options under the Info tab. One to automatically scan for folder updates and one to manually scan. I kept it on manual because every time I restarted the automatic scan would take several minutes and Daphile would be unresponsive until it finished.

In the full install I have four options: look for new and changed audio files; clear library and rescan everything; restart media server with reset databases; and only rescan playlists. I see no option to only scan manually as I had in the USB live version. However, I don't have the same problem in the full version of having to wait on the scan for it to be operational.

I find it odd that it's not just a different installation but rather seems to be a different version even though it was installed from the USB live stick.

• 2 years later...

I was listening to my home collection on my work computer today and the connection cut out. I access Daphile using a No-IP address in my browser and run Softsqueeze headless. It's not very secure but I haven't figured out ssh. I also couldn't access it on my phone using Squeeze Player + Orange Squeeze.

When I got home and onto my Wi-Fi I pulled up Orange Squeeze and still couldn't see my server there. I went to my browser, entered the local IP address and Daphile popped right up. After that it immediately became available via Orange Squeeze. Any idea what might be happening there or where I should look, in simple terms?

Here are server log entries that I think must have been written around the same time as my error:

[18-04-19 16:09:11.0031] Slim::Networking::SqueezeNetwork::Players::_players_error (368) Unable to get players from SN: Couldn't resolve IP address for: www.mysqueezebox.com, retrying in 604800 seconds [18-04-19 16:14:03.0123] Slim::Networking::SqueezeNetwork::_error (565) Unable to login to SN: Couldn't resolve IP address for: www.mysqueezebox.com [18-04-19 16:14:03.0139] Slim::Networking::SqueezeNetwork::Players::_players_error (368) Unable to get players from SN: Couldn't resolve IP address for: www.mysqueezebox.com, retrying in 1209600 seconds

13 hours ago, Triplefun said:

I'm not really familiar with 'no ip' but has this happened before, has it happened since, and could it be a router address lease timeout?

Thanks for the response. I haven't set limits on my router myself but maybe there's a default. I've finally ditched my remote access setup with the ill advised port forwarding and set up Zerotier instead. So far it seems to work testing from my phone, both in the browser and on Squeeze Player, and I'll be heading to work soon (yeah, on a Saturday) to try it from there. I don't see any talk about this feature in Daphile threads.

• 7 months later...
On 12/18/2018 at 7:48 PM, Viet said:

Hi All, pls let me know how to stay connected to mysqueezbox.com account after restart Daphile 18.07-x86_64.iso. (I use old laptop Lenovo G430 3000 intel centrino 2.2Mhz)

My understanding is that Daphile can no longer connect with mysqueezebox.com. See the conversation here:  https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?108220-MySB-com-Player-won-t-show-up-Daphile

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, Viet said:

Seems very good improvement but not cheap with ~$150 

I might not have recommended it at that price. I just looked at my receipt and these were selling for $79 when I bought mine in April last year. I was looking to upgrade something in my chain and this was a relatively inexpensive option at the time.