IGNORED

Thile Plays Bach

The first volume of what will apparently be a complete recording of the Bach sonatas and partitas for solo violin by mandolin god Chris Thile comes out on Nonesuch in early August, and there is a preview track streaming at nonesuch.com (if you pre-order the CD you get a free download of the preview track).

Technical prowess to burn (like that was in doubt), but I found it kinda un-moving. Interested in hearing others' impressions.

Office: MacBook Pro - Audirvana Plus - Resonessence Concero - Cavailli Liquid Carbon - Sennheiser HD 800.

Travel/Portable: iPhone 7 or iPad Pro - AudioQuest Dragonfly Red - Audeze SINE or Noble Savant

• 3 weeks later...

I was pretty excited for this, especially given that Thile sited Glenn Gould's second recording of the Goldberg Variations as an influence. That's the recording that got me started on a Bach obsession. Anyway, I didn't realize there was a realized track... I'll go listen to that now.

Mac Mini > Bel Canto REFLink > Bel Canto DAC3.5vb mkII > McIntosh C2300 > McIntosh MC402 > B&W 802D