IGNORED

G5 Mac Pro, 1.8Ghz dual processor, 8 mbyte RAM, with $700 Lynx AES-16 PCI card installed $300

I have a great 1.8Ghz dual processor G5 Mac Pro, 8 megabytes RAM, (model identifier M9454LL/A) for sale, which I've been using for the past 4 years as a very reliable music server (running leopard, itunes and Pure Music). Very quiet running, with the Lynx AES-16 PCI card installed which retails for $700 (i.e. just the card), equipped with breakout cables from the card terminated with a single bnc connector which will feed spdif to any DAC for for glorious sound. If you ever wanted to try out this config, $300 for the whole thing will do it. I've recently purchased a Mac Mini and am in the process of trying out various interface solutions to feed my Bryston dac, so the big MAC can go out the door. I still have the box for the mac; it was purchased from Mac of All Trades in 2009. Works great, never a problem, and incredible sound. New (within the past year) superdrive installed. At the time of purchase I installed a new 1TB Seagate drive in one of the bays. Other drive bays are still open. For question or info please email msg me. I would GREATLY prefer a local pickup or delivery in the Atlanta area.

i-QSQLdL8-L.jpg

i-Ln5g7Gv-L.jpg

i-vNR7zTV-L.jpg

• 3 years later...

Hello,

I’m interested in buying this item.

Is it available?

Best regards.

I have a great 1.8Ghz dual processor G5 Mac Pro, 8 megabytes RAM, (model identifier M9454LL/A) for sale, which I've been using for the past 4 years as a very reliable music server (running leopard, itunes and Pure Music). Very quiet running, with the Lynx AES-16 PCI card installed which retails for $700 (i.e. just the card), equipped with breakout cables from the card terminated with a single bnc connector which will feed spdif to any DAC for for glorious sound. If you ever wanted to try out this config, $300 for the whole thing will do it. I've recently purchased a Mac Mini and am in the process of trying out various interface solutions to feed my Bryston dac, so the big MAC can go out the door. I still have the box for the mac; it was purchased from Mac of All Trades in 2009. Works great, never a problem, and incredible sound. New (within the past year) superdrive installed. At the time of purchase I installed a new 1TB Seagate drive in one of the bays. Other drive bays are still open. For question or info please email msg me. I would GREATLY prefer a local pickup or delivery in the Atlanta area.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5940[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5941[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5942[/ATTACH]