IGNORED

Wyred 4 Sound Dac2SE Upgrade Revisited & Findings -- The Best Decision Unequivocally!

I just sent my DSDse in for the mod, and I also use a Singxer in between my computer and DAC, connecting with AES/EBU. Pretty much just use PCM

I've never used i2s and was wondering if anyone has an opinion as to what input is sonically superior using the Singxer/2v2se configuration. I am pretty content with AES/EBU. Would using i2s be an improvement worthy of getting my Singxer "fixed" to use the i2s?

I'm probably wrong but it looks like the capacitor is just bridged across those two resistors. Is it actually attached to one of the traces? It almost looks like the cap is encased in some sort of dielectric...

Full disclosure: Picture is small, eyes are bad and I'm a electronic neophyte

On 4/4/2017 at 7:18 PM, Franatic said:

My Singxer SU-1 arrived back from W4S. All file types and bit rates play perfectly. I've played PCM 44, 96, 192 and 352.8(DXD). I've played DSD64 and DSD128. No more playback issues. Great job W4S, above and beyond the call of duty....thank you :)

I must say the i2s via the Singxer outperforms the direct usb input decidedly here, especially with DSD. The DSD sounds amazing via i2s. I will characterize later after burn-in and numerous very enjoyable listening sessions what I hear, but the modified Singxer SU-1 and the upgraded DAC make a formidable combo. It was very worth the 2k+ spent on the whole upgrade.

I took a picture of the capacitor modification. It is the best detail I could get. I think you might need more technical info from W4S to be sure to get it right. It is very tiny and will be hard to see exactly what trace the one side of the cap is soldered on. The other side is soldered onto the pad of the 2 resistors.

Singxer bypass cap.jpg