IGNORED

Wyred 4 Sound Dac2SE Upgrade Revisited & Findings -- The Best Decision Unequivocally!

I spoke to Tony last week, they are still working out the details. He said they are definitely going to offer the upgrade, but no word on when or what it will cost. Personally I will probably get the upgrade at some point but I would expect the sound deference in the chips to be minimal at best.

ReadyNAS Ultra/6 stored flac->GigE network->roon->Uptone JS-2->microRendu->W4S Recovery->W4S DAC-2v2 SE>W4S STP-SE STG2 Preamp->W4S ST-1000 Amplifer->Von Schweikert VR-44

• 2 months later...
The SU-1 mentioned is the Singxer SU-1 audio bridge. Its role is to convert usb to i2s.

I am interested to read if the SU-1 makes a real difference. I am currently using a mircoRendu power by an Uptone JS-2 into the RUR into the DAC2-DSDse and I really don't feel cleaning up the connection to the W4S DAc is going to make more of a substantial improvement. I notice that most people using the SU-1 are doing so with a PC or MAC as their front end, and I can see how it might help in those environments. But once you get the PC/MAC out of the system I have found that a lot of the tweaks that used to be needed to get good sound don't make as much of a difference anymore.

I am also another one holding out to see if the new upgrades make a large enough improvement to warrant spending the money.

ReadyNAS Ultra/6 stored flac->GigE network->roon->Uptone JS-2->microRendu->W4S Recovery->W4S DAC-2v2 SE>W4S STP-SE STG2 Preamp->W4S ST-1000 Amplifer->Von Schweikert VR-44

• 2 months later...

I was told on the phone that dsd256 plays with no problems now via roon. I just sent mine in to be upgraded, so I certainly hope it works.