IGNORED

Article: JRiver Mac vs JRiver Windows Sound Quality Comparison

Thank you so much Mitchco for the analysis and the eventual conclusion. I will stick with JRMC on the Mac mini, it works well, and I get to use ASIO with my DAC :) The current Alpha for OSX needs a few weeks (months) to match the development on Windows, and if the same bits come out, it's a no brainer decision.

SuperDad - JRMC doesn't need to integrate with iTunes, and there are substantial advantages :

1. No proxy files needed for FLAC, DSF/DFF, ape and other lossless no Apple formats. This is so important as the proxy files cannot be read by say Amarra, and the proxy files are a Channel D patent

2. Ability to import and export a library without requiring a PHD

3. Ability to transfer library from computer to another computer without a PHD

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

Good point? Well the only "point" I see is that Ted feels a subjective view tramples all over the objective evidence presented.

I'm sorry but when people post subjective opinions that tweak x improves a system; and someone says well all objective evidence points that the difference is impossible they are told they are acting impolitely. So I call Ted's post equally impolite.

Eloise

I agree with Eloise's opinion. Mitchco's experiments are at the digital domain, the smallest signal source level, which is correct for the experiment and the results speak for themselves. You can't hear at this level, sunshine.

What happens after the signal is processed by DACs, cables & amps is a different matter entirely, Ted's and Mercman's subjectivitity may be based on the final signal, coming from the speakers or headphones. With so many equipment combinations, that is very possible to hear the difference.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA