IGNORED

Brubeck and American Poets Blu-Ray audio disc

0053479216021_230.jpg

Dear all,

I just got this blu-ray disc of choral pieces composed by D. Brubeck and played by the Pacific Mozart Ensemble. I listened to the 2.0 24bit/192kHz LPCM stereo tracks. The recording quality is excellent, but I have been underwhelmed by the music itself, which sounded to me like very plain church music (I have nothing against church music - on the contrary I am a great fan of it from the medieval to the contemporary repertoire), and sometimes by the interpretation, which was not always perfectly in tune as far as I can say (though I obviously did not care to compare with the score). Anyway, to me this disc was one of these cases where I felt that such top-notch recording gear and expertise would have been better spent on better music. I even regretted taking the time to enter all the metadata for the ripped files and am even thinking of relegating these (huge) files to a DVD-ROM to save space on the hard drive where I keep my music collection. Am I alone in being disappointed with this disc?

Boris.