IGNORED

HQPlayer's Network Audio Adapter

1 hour ago, Miska said:

Which kernel are you using? Remembered to ditch pulseaudio?

Your custom Bionic kernel.  I installed bare bone minimal install via Bionic network install.  I am going to have to put the troubleshooting off for awhile, since the system that was giving the error message is having wireless issues and the card is no longer recognized.  I am going to attempt the wireless working first before I come back to the error message with ALSA.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, jdubs said:

Hey guys, can hqplayer be run in a vm engine or docker?  I would love to run it on my Xeon-based unRAID server.

Thanks

Jim

There is nothing preventing you from running HQP under VM, but it will all depend on your goals.  I have successfully run HQPlayer Embedded under Windows Linux System, the only thing that did not work was UPnP functionality due to WSL not supporting the functionality correctly.  I have also run HQPe under VMWare Workstation, but I was limited on conversion rate based on the CPU/memory of the VM instance.

I would not recommend running HQP or NAA under VM if you plan to hook up your DAC to your VM server, USB support might be flaky.