IGNORED

HQPlayer's Network Audio Adapter

• 1 year later...

Hi, I'm trying to get NAA running on a Cubox-i 

I'm using the Ambian Xenial 4.9.7 image and NAA stretch image networkaudiod_3.5.0-34_armf.deb

NAA install fine but does not show up in HQP.  I get the following:

networkaudiod.service - Network Audio Adapter daemon

Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/networkaudiod.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)

Active: active (running) since Sun 2017-03-26 23:28:18 UTC; 41s ago

Main PID: 1811 (networkaudiod)

CGroup: /system.slice/networkaudiod.service

└─1811 /usr/sbin/networkaudiod

Mar 26 23:28:50 cubox-i networkaudiod[1811]: [/usr/sbin/networkaudiod] (1811): clSocket::SetOption(): setsockopt(): No buffer space available

Mar 26 23:28:51 cubox-i networkaudiod[1811]: [/usr/sbin/networkaudiod] (1811): clSocket::SetOption(): setsockopt(): No buffer space available

Mar 26 23:28:52 cubox-i networkaudiod[1811]: [/usr/sbin/networkaudiod] (1811): clSocket::SetOption(): setsockopt(): No buffer space available

Mar 26 23:28:53 cubox-i networkaudiod[1811]: [/usr/sbin/networkaudiod] (1811): clSocket::SetOption(): setsockopt(): No buffer space available

Mar 26 23:28:54 cubox-i networkaudiod[1811]: [/usr/sbin/networkaudiod] (1811): clSocket::SetOption(): setsockopt(): No buffer space available

Mar 26 23:28:55 cubox-i networkaudiod[1811]: [/usr/sbin/networkaudiod] (1811): clSocket::SetOption(): setsockopt(): No buffer space available

Mar 26 23:28:56 cubox-i networkaudiod[1811]: [/usr/sbin/networkaudiod] (1811): clSocket::SetOption(): setsockopt(): No buffer space available

Mar 26 23:28:57 cubox-i networkaudiod[1811]: [/usr/sbin/networkaudiod] (1811): clSocket::SetOption(): setsockopt(): No buffer space available

Mar 26 23:28:58 cubox-i networkaudiod[1811]: [/usr/sbin/networkaudiod] (1811): clSocket::SetOption(): setsockopt(): No buffer space available

Mar 26 23:28:59 cubox-i networkaudiod[1811]: [/usr/sbin/networkaudiod] (1811): clSocket::SetOption(): setsockopt(): No buffer space available

Any ideas?  BTW, I've also installed Jessie and upgraded to Stretch and have the same problem,

thanks

19 minutes ago, arglebargle said:

@Embz72 Have you tried Miska's Cubox image as a baseline, just to verify things working as they should otherwise? Given an ethernet connection, zero configuration should be required. https://www.signalyst.eu/bins/naa/images/

Was the Jessie install + upgrade to Stretch a vanilla situation or another Armbian image? Just my opinion but the Armbian images have far more installed than necessary for NAA. 

If for some reason you need a more current kernel etc than included in the signalyst image, I had great luck with Arch Linux Arm.

Will leave comment on the particular error for those who might be able to decipher it. No help there. 

Thanks for the reply, yes, I've been using the Cubox image since it came out.  My only issue is that I have a headphone amp/dac that is portable, so it does not have a standby mode.  Every time I turn it off, the connection is lost and I have to reboot the Cubox.  So I just want more control to restart the networkaudio daemon.

The Jessie to Stretch upgrade was another Armbian image.

Thanks for the tip on the Arch Linux Arm, I'll take a look at it

1 hour ago, arglebargle said:

@Embz72 This might be old news but I just installed the cpupower package on my Arch Linux NAA and am hearing a nice bump in sound quality (noise floor related?) with the "conservative" governor. At the very least it's gonna keep things cooler. Previously the CPU had been running close to its max on all 4 cores—with conservative it doesn't budge from the lowest step of 396 MHz, even when playing back DSD256x48.

Cool, I'll give it a try