IGNORED

Bluetooth dongle with digital output

Have just got a Mytek 192 Stereo DAC with lots of different digital inputs. Of course my computer is wired to the dac for best connection, but to add some convenience for my wife, working within 5 meters of the dac on a lap-top, I was wondering if anybody knows of a bluetooth dongle that could easily be hooked up to one of the dac's digital inputs. I am aware of a number of dongles outputting analog, but since my Mytek's analog inputs are already in use, I would like something like the Cambridge Audio BT100 (which I have been told will only work with a couple of Cambridge Audio dacs and streamers through a proprietary input).

Analog: Lyra Argo i>Rega RB-900>Rega P9>Holfi BattRiaa S.E.(RIAA); Digital: MacMini (Win8/Mavericks)>FW>Mytek 192 Stereo DSD; Power-Amp: ZapSolute mk.II 42W Solid State Class A>Speakers: ProAc Tablette 2000 signature; Headphones: Denon AH-D7000 (MarkL/Cardas); Korg MR-1 (Portable DSD-recorder)

Have just got a Mytek 192 Stereo DAC with lots of different digital inputs. Of course my computer is wired to the dac for best connection, but to add some convenience for my wife, working within 5 meters of the dac on a lap-top, I was wondering if anybody knows of a bluetooth dongle that could easily be hooked up to one of the dac's digital inputs. I am aware of a number of dongles outputting analog, but since my Mytek's analog inputs are already in use, I would like something like the Cambridge Audio BT100 (which I have been told will only work with a couple of Cambridge Audio dacs and streamers through a proprietary input).

I'm not 100% sure - but I think the Arcam rBlink will offer a digital output. Should be available soon...

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

From where, it's available now, $249.00 Audio Advisor Arcam-Audio Advisor even Amazon has the unit but that is in the US of A.

As I say I wasn't 100% sure - the details aren't on Arcam's website yet. I'm sure I've read it has digital output and (if you can find picture of the right end) there are three RCA connectors - presumably Left / Right analogue and possibly digital output too.

It work also make sense given the number of devices Arcam have with digital inputs.

Eloise

Eloise

---

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

there are three RCA connectors - presumably Left / Right analogue and possibly digital output too.

Eloise

Hmm, I think not.

Resultados de la Búsqueda de imágenes de Google de http://www.avcomfort.ru/upload/resize_cache/iblock/443/1048_694_12b243da05310d63cb36efed95de3fd42/R_blink_rear.jpg

There ara two RCA connectors on one end and three 'connectors' on the other, but they are for BT-antenna, a BT pairing button and finally PS-input.

Thanks anyway...

Any other ideas??

Analog: Lyra Argo i>Rega RB-900>Rega P9>Holfi BattRiaa S.E.(RIAA); Digital: MacMini (Win8/Mavericks)>FW>Mytek 192 Stereo DSD; Power-Amp: ZapSolute mk.II 42W Solid State Class A>Speakers: ProAc Tablette 2000 signature; Headphones: Denon AH-D7000 (MarkL/Cardas); Korg MR-1 (Portable DSD-recorder)

This was the view I was referring to...

ArcamrBlink.jpg

Definitely says rBlink on top and shows 3 RCA.

Eloise

Eloise

---

• 3 weeks later...

I finally found what I was looking for - QED heard my prayers, and have just launced the uPlay Plus which features optical out. Price in the 120-140 EUR range, I figure (was led on to this by Danish retail-chain hifiklubben.dk, price in DKK 899, they normally run a quite competitive pricing on products).

QED - Wireless - uPlay - uPlay Plus

If anybody has any experience with the product, please post...

• 1 month later...

Just to confirm; the Arcam rBlink does have digital output (Arcam Blog - Arcam at CES - Day 4, rBlink and SonLink Complete the CES New Product Line-up)

[...]the new rBlink Bluetooth DAC for mobile devices. Simplicity itself, the rBlink connects directly to any HiFi system with either a coaxial digital connection or via analogue RCA plugs via a finely tuned DAC circuit featuring the high-end Burr Brown PCM5102 DAC. Great music from your phone, tablet or computer has never been so easy!

Eloise

Eloise

---