IGNORED

Newb needs some help

Hello all! I am a bit confused. I own a 2.1 Logitech Z4 set, and I LOVE them. However, I also own a Rocketfish Wireless Amplified Audio Receiver. I own the other part too and had set up surround for an hour with a really really cheap white van 5.1 surround sound set and since then have not used it. Would it be possible to use the Receiver alone with my logitech set? To make it sound more powerful etc?

Hello all! I am a bit confused. I own a 2.1 Logitech Z4 set, and I LOVE them. However, I also own a Rocketfish Wireless Amplified Audio Receiver. I own the other part too and had set up surround for an hour with a really really cheap white van 5.1 surround sound set and since then have not used it. Would it be possible to use the Receiver alone with my logitech set? To make it sound more powerful etc?

Welcome buddy!

Its cool you like Logitech but i came down from that road and i am more than happy that i left those products behind. I find all their products to have a muddy sound and no highs at all, im not a fan at all. I doubt you could add any other amp to those logitech systems. They are intended to just be used like they way they are. In order to use that Rocketfish amp you would need some passive speakers. Read a lot around here, you'll learn about the great world of computer audiophiles and you'll soon would want to ditch your Logitech system!

iMac -> Audirvana+ -> Schiit Modi -> Yamaha A-S500 -> Audioengine P4

Its cool you like Logitech but i came down from that road and i am more than happy that i left those products behind.

Their G400 optical mouse is still the best in the world to those who love to play fast-paced action videogames, but all the rest sucks. :D

If you had the memory of a goldfish, maybe it would work.
Their G400 optical mouse is still the best in the world to those who love to play fast-paced action videogames, but all the rest sucks. :D

I must agree thier keyboard n mouse selection is up the good ally. But their speakers.... are just not great at all.

I must agree thier keyboard n mouse selection is up the good ally. But their speakers.... are just not great at all.

Their keyboards are just as bad as their speakers. On topic, cheap multimedia speakers are good for only one thing: they're cheap.

If you had the memory of a goldfish, maybe it would work.
Their keyboards are just as bad as their speakers. On topic, cheap multimedia speakers are good for only one thing: they're cheap.

True very true. I have a 5.1 logitech system i use for when i work on my shop... it sounds horrible and i hate it. Im saving up to get a Dayton or Topping T-amp and some cheap speakers, im sure that will blow ANY logitech system out of the water. :D