IGNORED

help with iTunes displaying my FLAC library after installing the full Amarra

I bought amarra because it integrates with iTunes and plays FLAC (yes, i bought the full version). Problem i have is that my large library is all flac and after installing amarra, all i can do play those flac files by importing into amarra only, I have tried to import via iTunes and nothing happens when it sees the FLAC files. This is why i bought amarra in the first place to integrate my FLAC library with the iTunes look and field. Help!

I bought amarra because it integrates with iTunes and plays FLAC (yes, i bought the full version). Problem i have is that my large library is all flac and after installing amarra, all i can do play those flac files by importing into amarra only, I have tried to import via iTunes and nothing happens when it sees the FLAC files. This is why i bought amarra in the first place to integrate my FLAC library with the iTunes look and field. Help!

Copied from Amarra website...

Q: How do I play FLAC Files?

A: Amarra provides the ability to play FLAC files natively using the Playlist window.

AMARRA HIFI

Amarra Hifi does not support FLAC file playback natively. Amarra Hifi has commands for converting FLAC files to AIFF and placing them into iTunes accessible through the Amarra Hifi->File pulldown menu. Amarra Hifi will then be able to play back your new AIFF files.

Amarra

Playing FLAC files using the Amarra Playlist

Amarra provides for FLAC file playback directly via the PLAYLIST function, without using iTunes. To playback FLAC Files natively via Amarra, do the following:

Obtain your music in FLAC format from one or more of a variety of providers such as HD Tracks among others. As part of the download process, please note where your music is being downloaded to. Once the download completes (this may take some time depending on the number and size of the tracks being downloaded), move on to step 2.

To make a playlist of files, launch Amarra and click on Amarra's PLAYLIST button. Click the FINDER button on the Amarra UI or choose Open Tracks Via Finder from the Amarra->Playlist pulldown menu to open a FINDER window. Navigate and select the desired FLAC files to be loaded into a Playlist. The files can be of different sample rates as desired.

Note: This dialog supports both the shift and command keys for making multiple selections.

Once you are done making your selection(s), click on the Open button to add the files to your playlist. Continue adding songs until you are satisfied with your playlist. Select File > Save Playlist to save your playlist, giving it a meaningful name and saving it in a memorable location.

To play your playlist, just click on Amarra's Play button. You can skip forward and back in the playlist by using the forward and back buttons, using the Tracks list or by clicking on the Tracks in the playlist window or re-order tracks by selecting and dragging a track to it's new location in the Playlist. You can also delete single tracks from a Playlist by highlighting the track and clicking the Delete key. You can open existing playlists using the File > Open Playlist command.

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

..you might done the trial thing / read the manual prior to spending the cash...

The various flac capable players on OS-X with iTunes integration handle flac slightly differently, and not all do the iTunes thing & flac thing at the same time.. (such as Amarra..)

I know that Pure Music has a flac import function that places dummy files inside your iTunes library that do not play in iTunes but do tell Puremusic where to find the flac files and play them. It is sort of transparent to the user but did not keep me from mass converting FLAC to AIFF/ALAC using XLD...

I dont now how other flac capable player do things with iTunes integration...

Bits to analog: Server [i9-10850k; Win10Pro, Roon Core + HQPlayer4 >all DSD256x] -> mRendu -> Regen -> Lampi GG

Analog to sound: ASR Emitter II Exclusive, Battery -> Gryphon Mojo S + 2 x REL G2

Details: Audio System