IGNORED

Mega-mess: Kim Schmitz / Kim Dotcom

An opinion piece in today's paper. Here's an excerpt below and the link: Chris Barton: Kim pulls off greatest dotcomedy of his career - Opinion - NZ Herald News .

I hope some justice prevails - somehow. Mega had so much copyrighted material on their site it wasn't funny. But Kim is certainly adept at adding some humour into the situation, and wooing the public in NZ, and of course facts shouldn't get in the way. It's unfortunate that the wrong Govt agency 'spied' on him. The end result would have been the same (a recording of some kind), but it just didn't go the domestic(National route) of obtaining a warrant etc. In a way it's a storm in a tea-cup side issue - I would prefer to see a real trial get underway rather than all the focus on dotting the i's etc - but than again - that's the law.

This chap's background is so checkered, and he seems to consistently drive himself into the path of trouble - then again, was this a new-leaf for him (he came to NZ to raise his family, and for a better lifestyle), or was NZ merely a neat place to hide-out for a while ... what do you think?

"The PM is the latest butt in a long line of butts of Kim Dotcom jokes. Act leader John Banks' denials about Dotcom's donations to his election campaign have put him on the last cabbage boat down the river. Our police bungling of its raids on Dotcom's mansion make them look like recent graduates from

Police Academy. And our inept spy bureau - "sorry about that chief" - makes Agent 86 of Get Smartfame look good. The sorry saga of incompetence, beginning with the immigration officials who granted Dotcom residency in November 2010, despite his shady past, has made the county as a whole something of joke too."