IGNORED

Neil Young does Hi-def Dylan

Daudio

I just saw Neil Young on the David Letterman show, and heard him say that he has Dylan's Highway 61 Revisited and Freewheeling (I think).... in the studio for a hi-def transfer. Nothing on release dates of course.

It was an interesting interview touching on Neils involvement with digital control and sound systems for Lionel, an electric car project, and his new hi-def iPod-like device, Pono.

AFAICT Pono is a glorified DAC that appears to have a music player built in. Correct me if I am not understanding this correctly. Apparently Warner has converted 8000 titles to 24/192--they also are not very clear how this is accomplished when most pop music is still being recorded at 24/44.1. I am all for better sound. I am not for having to buy new equipment when my own is perfectly able to play the same files without needing a Pono to do it. I am quite sure that is the case with most people on this site.

Macbook Pro 2010->DLNA/UPNP fed by Drobo->Oppo BDP-93->Yamaha RXV2065 ->Panasonic GT25 -> 5.0 system Bowers & Wilkins 683 towers, 685 surrounds, HTM61 center ->Mostly SPDIF, or Analog out. Some HDMI depending on source[br]Selling Art Is Tying Your Ego To A Leash And Walking It Like A DoG[br]