IGNORED

Doing it wrong - my new setup

I recently made some vast changes to my 2-channel system, and a lot of these changes were informed by reviews and information here - I am really happy sonically with the result, and thought I would share a little photo blog I put together on my new setup. I definitely have learned a ton from this forum over the past few years, and in my new configuration, I feel I am finally closer than ever to my sound quality goals: essentially, taking a combination of vinyl and computer sources, and attempting to achieve a combination of smooth treble - no brightness (been chasing brightness for years) - with plenty of detail, space and imaging - with an underlying musicality.

My goals for my stereo system has changed a lot over the years, from trying to get absolute accuracy (which frustrated me at showing the flaws in lots of my source material) to what I am beginning to touch now, which is an underlying smoothness and musicality that continually draws me into the performance, while still allowing me to hear each individual instrument and detail clearly. I don't mind at all that my current system actually makes some of my favorite performances that are blighted by bad recording or engineering - sound better!

Link:

Doing it all wrong - Imgur

Main: Mac Mini i5/Amarra/PureMusic -> Musical Fidelity V-Link II -> Peachtree DACiT | Pro Ject Debut III TT -> Primaluna Prologue Premium w/ KT88s -> ProAc Response D15

Basement/Record Cleaning Lair: Dual 510 TT | AirportExpress | Denon DCD-570 -> Marantz 2252B -> Infinity Qe | Magnepan MG1.4

Attic: AirportExpress | Technics SL-Q2 -> Scott 299b -> Paradigm mini monitors

Office: iPod Classic 160gb docked -> Miniwatt N3 -> ADS L300c

Mobile response unit: AirportExpress -> Audioengine 2

When do we get to hear about the Whale Tail.

Main / Office: Home built computer -> Roon Core (Tidal & FLAC) -> Wireless -> Matrix Audio Mini-i Pro 3 -> Dan Clark Audio AEON 2 Noire (On order)

Portable / Travel: iPhone 12 Pro Max -> ALAC or Tidal -> iFi Hip Dac -> Meze 99 Classics or Meze Rai Solo

The Maggies are in my basement workshop waiting for a restoration, I have new socks for them, I am going to repair some delamination on one of the panels, and refinish the wood trim.

The whale tail was an early turbo one that I bought for my '75 911s. We were living in a small-ish apartment at the time, and the only place it really fit was in our kitchen - where it sat for several months - the Mrs. was very tolerant, especially considering we spent a good amount our wedding money on that 911!

Main: Mac Mini i5/Amarra/PureMusic -> Musical Fidelity V-Link II -> Peachtree DACiT | Pro Ject Debut III TT -> Primaluna Prologue Premium w/ KT88s -> ProAc Response D15

Basement/Record Cleaning Lair: Dual 510 TT | AirportExpress | Denon DCD-570 -> Marantz 2252B -> Infinity Qe | Magnepan MG1.4

Attic: AirportExpress | Technics SL-Q2 -> Scott 299b -> Paradigm mini monitors

Office: iPod Classic 160gb docked -> Miniwatt N3 -> ADS L300c

Mobile response unit: AirportExpress -> Audioengine 2