IGNORED

Help With A Non-audio Issue on Mac and Safari

Since I originally upgraded to Lion about six months ago and now Mountain Lion a couple of weeks ago I have had an ongoing problem with Safari. Simply when I open Safari it does not return to the homepage but rather to the last page I visited. I have included three screen shots to indicate the version of Safari I am on, System Preferences for the Mac and Preferences for Safari.

I visited the Genius Bar today and thought I had a resolution. At The Apple Store they were able to duplicate and correct my problem. In System Preferences under General they should me a box that started...Restore Window and I was supposed to uncheck the box. However when I returned home and opened my System Preferences on the General Tab there is no "Restore Window..." on that tab.

Can anyone who has Mountain Lion tell me if you have the selection on the General Tab to "Restore Window..."? I cannot figure out why it would be on the screen at The Apple Store and not show on mine.

About This Mac.jpg

Safari>Preferences.jpg

System Preferences>General.jpg

"A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open."
Frank Zappa
At The Apple Store they were able to duplicate and correct my problem. In System Preferences under General they should me a box that started...Restore Window and I was supposed to uncheck the box. However when I returned home and opened my System Preferences on the General Tab there is no "Restore Window..." on that tab.

I think it's right there in your System Preferences > General screen grab. It's the checkbox that's labeled "Close windows when quitting an application," and if I understand what you're going for, you should leave it unchecked. If you do that, whatever windows are open when you quit Safari will reopen when you relaunch Safari.

Note that this really doesn't have anything to do with your Homepage settings in the Safari preferences. However, also note that in Safari prefs > General, you can set new tabs and/or windows to open to your Homepage, so if, say, you close all your windows before you quit Safari, you'd just have to click the Homepage button in the toolbar or the "+" button in the tab bar or hit cmd-N to get to your Homepage.

Myself, I just leave some tabs open for pages I visit often.

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5

I think it's right there in your System Preferences > General screen grab. It's the checkbox that's labeled "Close windows when quitting an application," and if I understand what you're going for, you should leave it unchecked. If you do that, whatever windows are open when you quit Safari will reopen when you relaunch Safari.

Note that this really doesn't have anything to do with your Homepage settings in the Safari preferences. However, also note that in Safari prefs > General, you can set new tabs and/or windows to open to your Homepage, so if, say, you close all your windows before you quit Safari, you'd just have to click the Homepage button in the toolbar or the "+" button in the tab bar or hit cmd-N to get to your Homepage.

Myself, I just leave some tabs open for pages I visit often.

--David

That is definitely not the box I was shown at The Apple Store however your suggestion seems to have worked and now Safari opens to my selected home screen so thank you.

"A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open."
Frank Zappa