IGNORED

Drugs

Which option(s) most closely matches your thoughts ...  

207 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

My response was 2 - alcohol only, but if this poll (or the interweb) was around during my undergrad days at UC Santa Cruz in the 70's it would be a completely different story. I think. There may be some memory impairment concerning those years.

W4S Music Server 2 and/or Windows 7 Box -> W4S DAC2 -> W4S STP-SE Preamp -> W4S ST-500 Amp ->Magnepan 1.7

That's where I work now.

Wow. Small world. I get to Santa Cruz a few times a year to visit old friends who are still there, and to hit some of the jazz concerts presented by Kuumbwa. In the last couple of years I have seen Jim Hall, Wynton Marsalis, Branford Marsalis, and others. I have tickets for the Chick Corea/Stanley Clarke/Jack DeJohnette concert at the Rio in September.

I love live jazz.

W4S Music Server 2 and/or Windows 7 Box -> W4S DAC2 -> W4S STP-SE Preamp -> W4S ST-500 Amp ->Magnepan 1.7

Well - dang....

Yep. Those distillers trying to sell us those expensive "distilled" stuff!

And then you try to tell me beers taste different? A conspiracy I tell ya!

(Sam Adams does some really fine brews, especially around Christmas time. Murphy's is owned by Germans isn't it? Something wrong with a fine Irish Stout made by Germans... :) )

Paul

As long as we are discussing the distilled stuff, there is a definitive study (a quadruple triple double blind study) that shows that the Irish Red Breast whiskey, when compared to Jamesons or Bushmills, reduces jitter, increases vertical and horizontal soundstage, and tends to make the imbiber ignore cable spats.

I cannot find the link to the academic paper right now, but I will post the link as soon as possible.