IGNORED

The Great Cable and Interconnect Swindle: An Etiology

The problem with "swindle" is it implies that manufacturers are deliberately trying to rip-off consumers. Some probably are, but most believe in the merits of their products. So the problem, if indeed there is one, is that enthusiasts -- including most of the cable manufacturers -- in this hobby hear differences that may or may not be there and they act on them with their pocketbooks. That's part and parcel of most hobbies of connoisseurship, I think. It's part of the fun. Some don't hear those differences, or don't accept them, and don't put their energies and funds into cables. Fine. Why do you care? If your mission is blow the whistle on dishonest swindlers, I think you're off base. If it's to disabuse weak-minded audiophiles of their delusions -- well, good luck with that.

Mac Mini 5,1 [i5, 2.3 GHz, 8GB, Mavericks] w/ Roon -> Ethernet -> TP Link fiber conversion segment -> microRendu w/ LPS-1 -> Schiit Yggdrasil

Manufacture/ Dealer/customer

If at this point in time the manufacturers have been required by law to prove up their claims with independent DBT this thing would most likely have been nipped in the bud. Modern day consumers are used to being protected against misleading advertising.

Oh really? Would we have the vitamin and supplements industries if this were the case? How about gas and motor oil additives? Cosmetics? Only if cables were prescription medicine would they be required to prove efficacy with DBT. Don't you think consumers should have the right to make their own decisions about how they spend their money on harmless luxury goods?

Mac Mini 5,1 [i5, 2.3 GHz, 8GB, Mavericks] w/ Roon -> Ethernet -> TP Link fiber conversion segment -> microRendu w/ LPS-1 -> Schiit Yggdrasil