IGNORED

Free Goldberg Variations in 24/96

I visited on 06/05/12. There are no 24/96 files. Only 24/44.1 files are available.

That's too bad - I got the 24/96 files a couple of days ago - wonder if they were running into bandwidth issues with so many downloads?

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

• 2 weeks later...
I give up...

The transition problem is there: 1'51" :/

Given they combined the two tracks, as the artist intended, how can the "transition problem" be there? The two tracks play together, back-to-back, as intended, on my system.

Headphone - SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > Topping D90 > Topping A90d > Dan Clark Expanse / HiFiMan H6SE v2 / HiFiman Arya Stealth

Home Theater / Music -SonicTransporter i9 running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Denon X3700h > Anthem Amp for front channels > Revel F208-based 5.2.4 Atmos speaker system

The combined tracks played with no problem in my system, but IMO, it was a "hard" mix between variations 27 and 28. For sure if it was the artist choice, who am I to argue about that.

Yes, they stated so - that was why they had the problem. She performed these two variations back to back, without a pause, and the way they split the tracks was not playing back gaplessly (consistently) on various players. The solution was simply to combine the two tracks to recognize her artistic intent and get past the gapless play issue.

I'm unable to download via torrent the 24/96 format.

No seeds.

Does anybody know why?

I just checked - looks like there are only four folks online right now downloading and / or seeding. Torrents are like that - depending on the time of day, currency of the download, etc., sometimes it's really fast and sometimes not :/ Just depends on the size and capabilities of the current download "cloud".

Just as another data point, I was able to download the 24/96 FLAC torrent package overnight (on a *very* slow connection) and was seeding this morning until just a few minutes ago. There were nine others in the cloud when I had to hang up.