IGNORED

Article: Laid-back Library Control - Installment 1

Thanks for covering the TuneView, Chris. I had no idea something like this was available at such a reasonable price. It's interesting to know that there are many such remote access devices — in the same price range, I hope. <br />

<br />

I have two questions about this device, though. <br />

<br />

Does TuneView have the ability to navigate the Finder, or does it work only within iTunes? My presumption is the latter. Also in this regard, if there is more than one shared iTunes music library on the network, can you switch from one to another as you can in Front Row?

Hi sgbaird - good to hear from you again. Unfortunately you get what you pay for in this case. There is no ability to browse finder on OS X. Multiple libraries are supported, but you can't switch between them from the TuneView. the software interacts with iTunes, but does not allow total control.So, if iTunes opens the library that was last used, TuneView will be using that library.<br />

<br />

I am also getting reports of very slow performance and some connections issues. The performance issues happen when navigating a really large library. How big is the question though. What are the limits to good performance? We may need some people to chime in here to help. A few users have returned the unit and switched to something else. However, there are many satisfied customers and each person may have to make their own decision on this one. It's cheap why not.<br />

<br />

<br />

- Chris<br />

Computer Audiophile | Turn Down The Silence

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png