IGNORED

Multi Format Rippers...?

Al

A few weeks ago i had a major crash and lost all that id spent months ripping. I've decided when i start again that id like copies in mp3 and FLAC, so wondered if anyone can suggest any multi format rippers (for windows) other than Ripstation...?

Panasonic PXP 42 V20; Panasonic DMP BD35; Sky+ HD Box. [br]Optical out from Asus P7H55-M into AVI ADM 9.1 speakers. [br]\"Music will provide the light you cannot resist\"[br]

Exact Audio Copy in secure mode. This is the best app hands down and it is free!

Powerbook G4 15 inch Aluminum, \"Fidela,\" M2tech EVO (BNC)with RF attenuator,dedicated PSU, Stereovox XV Ultra (BNC) Audio Note Dac Kit 2.1 Level B Signature Upgraded to 12AU7 tubes, ARC SP-16L Tube preamp , VAC PA100/100 Tube Amp), Vintage Tubes, Furutech ETP-80, (Alon 2 Mk2, (upgraded tweeters, Usher Woofers), Pangea Power cords, Omega Micro Active Planar PC. Signal Cable Silver Resolution ICs.

But i should have explained the question better. By multi format ripper, i mean a ripper that can rip to more than one format at a time, specifically mp3 and FLAC.

Panasonic PXP 42 V20; Panasonic DMP BD35; Sky+ HD Box. [br]Optical out from Asus P7H55-M into AVI ADM 9.1 speakers. [br]\"Music will provide the light you cannot resist\"[br]

DBPoweramp Music converter!!!!

Powerbook G4 15 inch Aluminum, \"Fidela,\" M2tech EVO (BNC)with RF attenuator,dedicated PSU, Stereovox XV Ultra (BNC) Audio Note Dac Kit 2.1 Level B Signature Upgraded to 12AU7 tubes, ARC SP-16L Tube preamp , VAC PA100/100 Tube Amp), Vintage Tubes, Furutech ETP-80, (Alon 2 Mk2, (upgraded tweeters, Usher Woofers), Pangea Power cords, Omega Micro Active Planar PC. Signal Cable Silver Resolution ICs.

can rip to two formats at a time...?

ignore last post.

Is it free?

no, not free but will run full for a little while!

I use Ripstation Micro DS from ripfactory.com.

It is easy to use, its free, you can rip FLAC and MP3 at the same time, but into two different folders, plus its recomended by Linn.

PC / Pro-Ject USB dac (modded)/ Musical Fidelity X10-D (modded)/ Musical Fidelity X-A1 (modded)/ B&W CDM1 SE/ Supra Power Cables/ Nordost Flatline Speaker Cables

LOL!

Many thanks for the reccommendation, thats great! Might be just the thing.

• 2 months later...

Ripstation Micro DS is configureable to show track names to your prefered format? Also, dos it only rip whole discs, or can it be made to rip only the tracks you want...?

EDIT - ive downloaded it and am having a play so ive answered those questions.

ill have a look for any other thread tho just in case as i already have more questions forming.

I've tried pretty much everything through the years, and even though it's not free, DbPoweramp is head and shoulders above the rest. Much faster accurate ripping due to AccurateRip, the best metadata provision by far (get the Reference version), support for all formats, dual format ripping, and a very good batch format converter thrown in as well. Slightly quirky to set up and use, but much easier in that regard than EAC.

I don't tend to use the dual ripper, I rip to FLAC and then use the batch converter to create MP3 or whatever later on, so I don't have to pay the extra time cost during ripping.

I know where to come when i need help now... ;)

Actually, i must find out how much itll cost me after the trial period.

• 2 weeks later...

confirm a couple things about dbpoweramp if i may.

Firstly, im not really happy with the way it names tracks, with the track number first - i only really want the name of the track on the file icon.

Secondly, id like, if possible, to stop it keeping the album art as ive no real need for it just now and having the album art in the folder the songs are ripped to makes it crowded and messy, and putting the artwork elsewhere seems like quite a job and, i guess, pointless, if i wanted it to come up when im browsing/playing (which i dont).

(If any of this seems misguided or theres a great convenient way of keeping artwork in case i ever need it do tell, as ive not dealt with artwork before and it might be interesting to hear some others' strategies.)

Fianally,, how does one set the tag fields and check that its doing it right?

it just came good (which means, of course, that i may have been mistaken about it being wrong in the first place, sorry about that).

Also, it seems you can just hover over tracks ripped with dbpoweramp and see if they are tagged correctly. However, if anyone has anything to add to that or my other queries, it all helps.

6 or so days left before ill have to pay.

i used mp3tagger today to check the tags and they seemed ok except there was nothing under album artist and it tagged the year in a format ive never seen used in tags before, with year, date and month (the last 2 could have been in the opposite order), and mp3tagger didnt like me changiung it, tho it did yield in the end. So id like to change that too if possible.

Further to what i said about artwork, id love it if the artowrk could just come up when i play the song, without the artwork actually being displayed in the folder with the song (this is possible as it happens with Amazon downloads). But then, as i also said, im happy to not have the art. its a nice perk, but not something im willing to waste time over.

Al,

If you select Options from the main interface, then click on options under the Meta Data category, you'll see a bunch of choices about which tags to use, etc. Near the bottom is an option to force all dates to be just year (the AMG metadata supplies date tags with month/day as well, the option is there if you don't like that). At the very top of that same Meta Data options dialog, there is an option to set the path for album art. Click on that, click the drop-down, and you'll see that you can choose "none", meaning the cover art will not be written to a separate file. A little further down, you can set whether or not the album art is stored in the album art tag with the track file. Although I don't quite understand what you're trying to get, it sounds to me like you probably want to set the album art path to none, but make sure the Album Art tag is checked, so you'll still get the art stored in the track for media players to use.

A lot of media players are starting to make more use of album art for surfing libraries, so I'd keep it where possible if it was me.

All that looks like what i need, tho i havent had a chance to try it yet. ill come back as soonas i have, which will be in the next 24 hours.

• 4 weeks later...

More PC glitches got in the way.

I made all the changes but didnt get round to actually doing another rip before i had problems again. I have almost nothing on my system so will have to download it again before i do so.

• 7 months later...

I'm afraid I've been pretty inactive with audio stuff for quite a while now. However, Im getting a new PC in January so I left the ripping; I'll do it on the new machine.

Does anyone know if ripstation micro ds is configureabale in the ways mentioned above for dbpoweramp? Also, does ripstation... only rip the whole album, without the option to select certain songs? Thats how the screenshots look to me. I have played with it a little but have so far failed to even get my disks to show up and im having a little trouble dealing with it generally.

if it can be configured the same as poweramp id rather use it of course as its free. if not, ill use poweramp or EAC plus a converter to make the MP3s.

a guick bump in case anyone knows the answer to my last question. Sorry.

I know eAC can do a lot I've used it before (tho probably dindt use most options as i knew even less back then if you can imagine that).

I was wondering, tho, if ripstation can do the things DBPoweramp can (the things outlined much earlier in the thread that people helped me figure out, such as holding album art in the file itself and ripping only the tracks i want. i suspect it cant but im nowhere near fully acquainted with it).

EAC is still an option tho.