IGNORED

Android Music

Got a question...I use a Droid III smartphone. I have two music apps on it, J-Rivers Gizmo for when I want to remote tap my music servers fare, and PowerAmp to get at the music I have stored on the phone. Today I did some music file updates on the phone and loaded a few 24/96 files (I have 32GB on the SD card). When I call up these FLAC files, the phone shows 96.0HZ 2735KBPS FLAC for the file.

It says nothing about word length...So...

Am I getting 24/96 out of my phone when served a Hi-Rez file?? Does anyone know what Motorola is using as a DAC in this phone?

That would make this Android phone and PowerAmp light years ahead of an iPOD, or the iPhone. I can say the phone sounds beter through earbuds than does my iPOD classic through the same Earbuds.

I have found you an argument; I am not obliged to find you any understanding – Samuel Johnson

I plugged the phone into a set of old Monsoon powered speakers and it sounds pretty good. I have a Jawbone Jambox on order so as to have a traveling setup of tiny size that will play wireless and still sound very good.

http://jawbone.com/speakers/jambox/overview

If you have not tried the PowerAmp app, give it a go. It sounds great, is more user friendly than an iPOD, and is dirt cheap.

I have found you an argument; I am not obliged to find you any understanding – Samuel Johnson