IGNORED

Munro Egg look interesting

Remind me of the B&W Rock Solid monitors of 15 years ago.

http://www.bwspeakers.com/downloadFile/speakerModel/done-_product_info_Solid_Series.pdf

13.3" MacBook Air, 4GB RAM, 256GB SSD; iTunes/Bit Perfect; MacBook Air SuperDrive; Western Digital My Book Essential 2TB USB HD; Schiit Bifrost USB DAC; Emotiva USP-1, ERC-1 and two UPA-1s; Pro-Ject Xpression III and AT440MLa; AKAI AT-2600 and Harman Kardon TD4400; Grado SR80i; Magnepan MMG Magnestands; and, Rythmik Audio F12

• 3 weeks later...

I'm excited by the reviews as well. I don't see the seven day trial being offered by US sellers. I am a little concerned about these for listening to streaming music, since they clain to be somewhat merciless regarding any flaws. But I like the suggestion that they may work well for mid-field as well as nearfield listening. The Focal Solo6s ( to which the Eggs were directly compared in 2 reviews and the Eggs compared quite favorably) really have a pretty wonderful nearfield sound, but the magic decreases significantly the more you stray from the sweet spot. I find Solos are somewhat forgiving of compression: MOG sounds very good for streaming.