IGNORED

EmotivaPro Airmotiv 5

I have spent the last few months researching a small set of desktop powered speakers for my new comp audio system and after looking at Swans, Audioengine 5's and even the new Paradigm A2...even maybe doing passives, I decided to go with the new Airmotiv 5's. Since I was going to be purchasing without hearing, the 30 day audition was a must (Paradigm never returned 2 emails re: any return policy). Also some quick and responsive emails by EmotivaPro also helped seal the deal.

The sound of these small guys is just amazing...they are detailed and sound much bigger with wall to wall soundstaging. Nothing harsh to the sound at all. My previous setup was a homemade 6" 2way that I have received a lot a compliments on their sound...they were just too big for the desktop and are heading back out to the living room. The sound of the Airmotiv easily beats em ( fed the same source). Its been fun going back through tracks to hear the increased detail. The bass is punchy as you'd expect from a 5" driver....I might supplement them with a small subwoofer crossed over via Pure Music ( I tried this already with the other set receiving the bass outputted from the mac's headphone out set up as an aggregate device in Audio MIDI Setup and it works)

My setup: iTunes (Pure Music) > the new asynchronous NuForce UDac2se > a homemade set of silver interconnects > Airmotiv 5's.

Again...not a formal review. Just thought this might help anyone looking for a new set of powered speakers and haven't heard of these before. Heck they are so new , I can't find any formal reviews out there. They might be more expensive than Audioengines, but the great customer service justified it for me. I had a crazy email request for some pictures of the bottom to see if I could make a custom mounting bracket and they emailed me back in an hour with the pix.