IGNORED

Getting started

russe41

Okay, I'm settled with jriver & streamer II+ and love the sound through my Mac 352, von schweikert vr4 hse's. I'm ready to take the plunge with hd tracks, with what download i'm not sure. My question is how do I download and make sure it goes to the correct place, downloaded some free 24/96k files and still can't find them. not real computer savvy,more of a vinyl sacd reel to reel guy and i'm pecking my way through this computer audio world which seems more complicated than it needs to be.Excited to go but a little tentative. If anyone could give step by step instructions how to do this it would be greatly appreciated.

HP with 2TB WD through Mcintosh C2200 Amplified by Mcintosh MC352 or 2 Cary Audio SA280 (V12R)depends how I feel,Von Schweikert VR4 GenIII HSE, Velodyne F1200R,Mcintosh MR74[br]Tandberg 3001,Sony XA5400 SACD,Revox B77, VPI Scoutmaster[br]with Grado Sonata High Output and diy cables,snake oil free zone here.Most importantly J RIVER Media Center to blend it all together...........

i bet the system sings too. Pay attention to where you save the file to. Normally on my Mac it either goes to desktop or downloads, it's when they give the downloads those fancy numbers instead of names that send me crook. You have the option to save to where you want & to rename it so your recollection will activate, so the next time the download window appears & the name is highlighted, type your own name/numbers in to jog your memory. My first sortee would be hdtracks.com, pretty easy & you will get the gist of my post.

I assume you're using windows since you mentioned J-River. To find a 'missplaced' file here's something you can do:

1. Windoze 7: hit the windows key or click on the globe in the bottom left of the screen. (should be a picture showing this) Enter *.* and then click on 'see more results' link. You can then sort the resulting screen of files by name, date, extension etc. That should let you find the file. Then, if you click the file ONCE so it is highlighted and then right-click and select 'open file location' it will take you to the folder where the file is stored. From there you can copy it somewhere else, move it to the desktop, write down the folder name etc.

2. Windoze XP: You can do essentially the same thing using the search option. Here's a link that describes it: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308895

Ray[br]Viola Player| Parasound HP-850, Acurus A100, Technics SL-M3, Velodyne SPL-II, Mirage Omni 250, Musical Fidelity V-DAC