IGNORED

Trying to set up music server, DLNA, etc.

I am having a really hard time getting help through forums. I am new to this one and I was hoping you smart guys could give me some time and help me out.

I have an Onkyo TXNR808, a Linksys E4200, and a Buffalo NAS LS-WV2.0TL/R1. What I am trying to do is organize all of my music library consisting of mostly flacs and some mp3s. I use a audio tag editor to 'uniformize' my library and add album art. I store all of the music on the NAS. The Onkyo will play the files but it will not show most of the information I took hours to enter! Like the artist and album art. I read some things about DLNA programs put I can't seem to pick the jist of them up. I downloaded one and didn't know how to use it, went throught the FAQs/Forums and failed. If anyone knows how the Onkyo reads metadata or files and could explain my problem, great.

What I really would like is someone to tell me a great way to make all of this music sharing and library stuff work together showing all the correct info. I don't care what I have to do to make this happen, it's driving me nuts!

All help is much appreciated.

Take a look at what JRiver Media Center does with DLNA. I think you will save yourself alot of frustration.

HP laptop;Windows 7; JRiver Media Center 18, WASAPI Event-Style; Transparent USB cable, one meter; Ayre QB-9 asynchronous USB DAC; Sony 6400ES AV Reciever, analog direct; generic copper speaker wires; Bowers & Wilkins 683\'s; all stock power cables; Android Gizmo remote

Well thanks, that's what I seemed to find out that the DLNA interfaces are garbage.

And Jriver I've been reading about. It looks like a really good program. I will try that out and in the mean time I think my streaming problem relates directly to the reciever and the way it interprets data. I'll keep at it.

Many thanks

It nay be worth trying an alternative DNLA server: under Windows Asset is the leader (for audio). Comes from the same company as dbPowerAmp.

Try Asset out on your computer and see if you get better results than with the DNLA server built in to your NAS.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

I also have an Onkyo receiver playing files from a NAS (Twonky DMS) and also see no artist or album art. The browsing trees (artist/album/etc.) work just fine though, and there are no difficulties with a large library. I've been living with these limitations for almost two years now waiting for some vendor to offer a DLNA server that runs on a NAS that's worth a damn.

Asset, as Eloise has suggested, works perfectly with the Onkyo. The issue is that it runs on a Windows PC, not a NAS.