IGNORED

Wireless - Foobar to AE using Airport UPnP

I originally posted what follows at the end of a seemingly inactive string, so I'm starting a new string in hopes of generating some interest.

~~~~~~~~~

Okay... after some head-bashing delays, I was able to get iTunes playing over the Airport Express wirelessly. Whoopdi-doo. Now on to new frustrations...

After reading 2 posts, one in Computer Audiophile and another at illustrate/dbPowerAmp's site...

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/content/foobar2000-Airport-Express-UPnP

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?19645-Air-UPnP-%28control-Air

... i feel like pulling out my hair, nearly. And hell, I'm a pretty computer-tech savvy sort! Wireless servers seem to be my Achilles' heel, appartently. (sigh) All I wish to do is play Foobar on either my desktop or my laptop, and have it shoot wirelessly over to my Airport Express, which is connected to my stereo. I don't have an iPhone or any other remote control device... i don't want to access Foobar from afar... i just want to play Foobar directly from my computer, and from there have it end up on the AE.

I have:

1. a computer

2. Foobar installed

3. Airport Express (AE)

4. Airport UPnP installed on the computer

5. foo_upnp.dll dropped into the Components folder of Foobar

6. Avast AntiVirus and Windows 7 Firewall protecting my computer

7. Windows Firewall - Adv Settings - Outbound Rules - New Settings... i made TCP and UDP Port rules allowing outgoing access through port 26126 (as mentioned in the above link by Illustrate/dbPowerAmp), as well as another rule allowing upnp.exe outbound access.

Okay... so, what's this about PlugPlayer (as mentioned on Illustrate's UPnP post) - is this something additional I need... or is this for some kinky 3-way access between computer (w/Foobar), iPhone, and AE?

So when I run Foobar-View-UPnP Controller... i can see "Main: dbPowerAmp Rennaissance" as a selectable device. I select it. Great. Now what?

And why, in the UPnP Controller, to I see player controls (play, pause, next, etc.) that has no library attached to it (seems like it handles one song at a time)... I want to use Foobar to play and control my whole library over the AE - not having to worry about manually picking the next song when the current one is over! Maybe I'm CRAZY, but I envision upnp.exe (by dbPowerAmp) running invisibly in the background, all knowing/seeing and able to detect my Airport Express... then I run Foobar, somewhere selecting 'dbPowerAmp Rennaissance' as output, go to whatever playlist/songs I wish to hear, hit play, the music flies to my Airport Express and POW, I hear it on my stereo. No? What am I missing here?

If anyone's already figured this stuff out, your help will be GREATly appreciated.

Thanks.