IGNORED

Personal Interest Courses in Audio

Labarum

I retire from the Army soon. Coming up 60 I will not be looking for a second career, so the resettlement training cash is available for a bit of fun. I would like to do a cycle maintenance course, but will still have some credit. Are there any short courses in audio/music tech. that I might consider.

I am interested in the digital replay chain, but it would be quite interesting to see how recordings are made. I would not enjoy listening to rock-pop-noisy stuff!

Any suggestions for up to a week's education in the United Kingdom?

Brian

Squeezebox Classic - Beresford Caiman-Gator DAC - Quad 520f with Dada refresh - Quart 980s German Tower Loudspeakers.

Brian,

Are you talking along the lines of music production - making it - or the electronics playing it back ?

If it's the first there are a huge number of courses out there and a copy of SoundonSound magazine will contain a number of those; www.pointblanklondon.com would be a good place to start.

I'm not sure I've seen any courses relating to the playback equipment / or electronics behind it. I think that'd take much longer than a week to learn (the above too) but maybe someone else on these forums will know different.

Matt.

HTPC: AMD Athlon 4850e, 4GB, Vista, BD/HD-DVD into -> ADM9.1