IGNORED

Kernel Streaming in Media Monkey

I use Media Monkey (MM) as my music server running under XP Pro Sp3. I installed the Kernel Streaming output plugin (vks3.6.3) and attempted to use it with my V Link USB-to-S/PDIF converter but no joy. I'd appreciate a step-by-step walk-thru of the settings needed to make this work. If it's possible.

My method is to open tools>options>outputs and select Kernel Streaming, then Configure and point to an output device. This last is a problem since none of the choices is clearly identified. I get two "USB Audio Devices" plus a "Generic", and regardless of which of the USB Audio devices I choose, the "Status" button shows it sleeping while music plays, and if I shut down MM and re-launch it does not play.

If it's relevant, I also attempted to disconnect my bit stream from the Windows audio controls by using the Sounds and Audio controls, paging my way down to the bottom of the Hardware tab until I could identify the V Link as a "USB Audio Device" and then selected "Do Not Map" for this device. As I understand it, this process is supposed to disconnect my stream from the internal Windows volume controls and other audio screw-up features but it doesn't work because the Windows volume control still effects the sound.