IGNORED

Cary 306 Pro, 176.4 kHz digital in

Hello all;

I'm considering buying Cary 306 Pro SACD/CD Player, but I am a bit confused about its specifications.

The specs say that the digital input sampling rates are 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz or 192 kHz (Accepts 16, 20, or 24 bits). I suppose, this means that 24/176 is not supported by this machine. In this case, wouldn't be possible to stream a 24/176 file (e.g. Reference Recordings tracks) to this unit's DAC? I dont have much knowledge about available streaming softwares e.g Mediamonkey etc. If the unit do not really support this sampling rate (176kHz)is it possible to make reliable downconversion via one of these softwares?

Apart from that, the specifications state that digital sample rates for the digital inputs, which I consider "the native frequencies" of the unit for these inputs, are 44.1, 96 or 192 kHz. So does it mean that in order to play a 24/88 file back the unit will select 24/44.1 sampling rate and play it back with a downsampling?.

I wrote Cary Audio two times about the above subjects but unfortunately no one replied! Well, this surely made me think about the reliability of the company's custumer support...

So If you kindly help me to clarify these subjects I would deeply appreciate.

Best regards,

LDA