IGNORED

Can a PC feed two USB devices simultaneously?

Hi All,

I'm trying to set up a system where a PC audio server streams the same signal to two sets of stereo desktop speakers. The two zones are workstations next to each other. Each workstation requires their own volume control. This makes my original design of a single sub with two pairs of Focal satellites awkward. So, I am leaning toward Quad 9L actives or Adam ARTist 3 active. They are much bigger than I'd like but there are few options without going to a sub.

My issue is how to feed both pairs of speakers the same signal. I could use the balanced and unbalanced analog outputs from a DAC Magic. But since the Quad 9L and Adam ARTist 3 have built-in DACs it would be great if there was a way for the PC to feed the DACs simultaneously. If the built-in DACs really sucked (as I suspect they will) then I would pop for an external DAC with two analog outputs. But it's worth giving the built-ins a try first.

Is it possible to play iTunes/Amarra to two USB devices?

TIA

Roon Rock with Plixir PS -> Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier II v2 Streamer -> Holo Audio Red DDC -> Abbingdon Music Research DP-777 SE DAC -> Placette Active Linestage -> Elekit TU-8900 with Audio Note upgrade and Western Electric 300B-> Audio Note AN-e Spx Signature