IGNORED

V-DAC, PS DLIII or W4S DAC-1?

Hello,

I looking to buy DAC for my audio set. I have as source either WD tv live (lossles flac's via TOS), 100 dollar CD with spdif and USB output from PC. As amplifier NAD C 325BEE and PSB Image T6.

I looked in three options for DAC:

1. MF V-DAC

2. PS digital link III

3. W4S DAC-1

Regarding updates for future (year maybe more), I'll probably go only for different amplifier (maybe NAD C 375BEE).

My question is , which DAC will work nicely for me, I don't want to do overkill for existing set. And maybe as optional, if mentioned amplifier upgrade will utilize better DAC, which one.

I mostly listening pop, classical and jazz. As source, mostly 44Khz/16 , rarely higher.

I will appreciate any inputs.

Thx

Pepo,

I have the MF V-DAC and it was a huge improvement over the analog output on my Mac Mini. If you look Stereophile has a review on it that basically says it's digital performance is very good but that the analoge portion that takes the signal off the DAC and buffers it before sending it off to the stereo isn't as good as it might be. Also, it doesn't do a great job of jitter rejection. Since I have a dedicated computer the jitter isn't bad. For $300 I don't think you can beat it but I would look around for something with better jitter rejection. Perhaps the new MF M1 DAC

Ray

Ray[br]Viola Player| Parasound HP-850, Acurus A100, Technics SL-M3, Velodyne SPL-II, Mirage Omni 250, Musical Fidelity V-DAC

• 2 weeks later...