41Oa-Pac5pL.jpg

Folks before Auto-Tune could sing... I mean really sing.

Powerful vocals, simple arrangements in pop, R&B, soul, etc. make this an outstanding debut.

Next to the Word of God, the noble art of music is the greatest treasure in the world - Martin Luther

71s6pDfrpGL._SL1422_.jpg

A good collection, with all the top hits in it.

Good intro to the blues icon from the 70s and 80s who was a regular on the radio.

Next to the Word of God, the noble art of music is the greatest treasure in the world - Martin Luther

R-4422058-1377630539-9563.jpeg.jpg

Blink 182 - Cheshire Cat

A new genre, Pop Punk, and possibly the most popular sound in the 90s.

I was more into Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit and No Doubt, but most of my friends were into Blink 182 and Green Day.

This is a good debut (actually a demo), but just not as good as their later albums.

61U-TCubdsL._SL1106_.jpg

Kind of old and haven't heard either Phil or Genesis in a long time, but this album is a good example of what made Collins and Genesis so popular. Everything is here from love ballads, general pop, and even social commentary on Another Day in Paradise... all of which make But Seriously an excellent album for any evening.

61TRjpLGAPL._SL1500_.jpg

Singer, songwriter, and guitarist - Nils Lofgren delivers in all departments in this comprehensive career retrospective.

Great music from an accomplished musician.

I don't have this but noticed I missed his latest release.

Thanks for jogging my attention to this artist.

The Happiest Man In The World

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27778[/ATTACH]

I did not know about the new release either, will add that to my list.

And still another I need to acquire...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27779[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the updates... wasn't aware myself.

Love Mr. Bibb... dreamy, soothing vocals, and can he play the guitar.

Updating this post-

I went ahead and bought Eric Bibb's two most recent albums, despite the "Blues People" debacle: "Lead Belly's Gold", and "The Happiest Man In The World", and I'm pleased to report that both have good SQ. So, a thumb's up for these two albums.

Thanks. Good to know... but was planning on it anyways.

Another kindred spirit is, of course. Keb Mo'. Nothing especially exciting in their artistic evolution,

just two men who have found their groove and share their joy & sorrow in song all these years.

Keb' Mo' is another favorite... have most of his collection.

MI0002349958.jpg

David Crosby - Voyage

Most folks would have the individual albums, but this is a fine collection that does a good job of collaging Crosby's work across all of his bands and solo material.

And one more for a nice sunny Sunday afternoon

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27941[/ATTACH]

(24/88)

Love the album... not too much into house but this will surely win over anyone.

[video=youtube;NF-kLy44Hls]

• 5 months later...
Billy Idol ‎– Idol Songs - 11 Of The Best

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32223[/ATTACH]

Men At Work ‎– Business As Usual

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32224[/ATTACH]

Two of my faves... been a while since I listened to Billy Idol.

I've recently discovered the beauty of Discogs. Lots of my spare time is now spent cross referencing the DrDatabase with albums I've put on my "want" list. I then go hunting on Discogs for them. These two above are by far the best versions in terms SQ I've come across.

The Men At Work album I have came from a Japanese first pressing run of that album and one of, if not the only, cleanly recorded one available. Impressive sounding!

I fear my wallet will be taking a hit this year but my collection should be much more impressive as a result :)

That's for certain (the wallet taking a hit).

Discogs is good. I'm also huge on Amazon Japan, CD Japan (probably the best), and HMV Japan... and of course Ebay from time to time.

I've bought a ton from CD Japan, would recommend them.

Last two for the night

Janet Jackson ‎– Control

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32226[/ATTACH]

Mariah Carey ‎– Mariah Carey

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32227[/ATTACH]

Brings back a lot memories from the 90s... especially Mariah. Was huge on her... actually still am, just don't get to listen to her that often.

• 4 weeks later...