61Q8ul7z88L.jpg

A different kind of classical (Indian) and a fusion of Americana, blues, and some jazz.

Ry is always on song... this is something different, but equally good.

Next to the Word of God, the noble art of music is the greatest treasure in the world - Martin Luther

Initial reviews say that Santana IV is pretty good.

Was meaning to get it, just did not get around to it.

Thanks, served as a reminder. Ordered.

Next to the Word of God, the noble art of music is the greatest treasure in the world - Martin Luther

...and thanks yet again. Extraordinary images! And the score works very well. I first attempted to listen to the soundtrack on Tidal, but did not find it very engaging. My understanding is that the music was composed after the film was shot and is intended for the corresponding scenes.

Watch free on vimeo. Worth watching even if only for 15 minutes! https://vimeo.com/116877832

I've both of them in Blu-ray.

Samsara (2011) - IMDb

Baraka (1992) - IMDb

If 4K Blu-ray ever happens would be the reference standard. The visuals are stunning and well worth watching.

You know the story behind the title?

No. Will read up.

Thought another of those bands that did not gain much traction after their first album - BBM, Mudcrutch, Sex Pistols.

Got it for Ry, whose stuff I've been collecting.

Could be a little difficult to find, so I'll relate the story below. The studio outtake that spawned the name is actually on this album (which I have but haven't listened to in a while), I forget exactly where.

The group/album is named for a Sonny Boy Williamson tune with the same title. During a September 1957 session, Sonny Boy got into a brief argument with Leonard Chess about what to name a song. Sonny Boy ended the discussion by hollering "Little Village, mother****er, Little Village! You name it Your Mammy if you wanna!"

Thanks!