• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

81q0mwIoc0L._SL1500_.jpg

Have been on an Adele trip and thoroughly enjoyed her latest, 25.

Powerful vocals drive this entire album, making it so much more than another "soul" outing.

Next to the Word of God, the noble art of music is the greatest treasure in the world - Martin Luther

91H0INHCJXL._SL1500_.jpg

Have always had a thing for Eric Clapton, back from when I heard Wonderful Tonight and Layla.

This is a wonderful career spanning retrospective that should please pretty much everyone. Of course a fan of Eric Clapton will already have all of these songs, but it's nice to have a collection that spans the many decades of Eric Clapton's music and have all of the hits in one place.

Next to the Word of God, the noble art of music is the greatest treasure in the world - Martin Luther

71Luhm17E8L._SL1055_.jpg

Mostly good stuff, though missing a few tracks. Still it's a huge collection, and covers most of their work from over the years.

Stairway to Heaven, more than justifies it IMHO.

51QF6Y6A59L.jpg

Jeff Beck with a master lesson on strumming and hacking with a guitar.

I am more into Stevie Ray Vaughan, Eric Clapton, and Mark Knopfler myself, but this is good stuff indeed. Will mesmerise you and keep you dialled in long after the music has stopped playing.

• 2 weeks later...

518BNAPdDNL.jpg

Pop and soft rock like Roxette, but from an all female group.

This type of music was particularly popular in the 90s and early 2000s, but still worth a listen for good, pacy, foot tapping music, and the 90s nostalgia factor.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22787[/ATTACH]

Via TIDAL.

I was curious about this collaboration .. odd, but it works!

That's one of my faves and yes the collaboration really works well.

Also, another Mark Knopfler collaboration worth checking out is Neck and Neck album by Chet Atkins and Mark Knopfler.

71NJiDqcLDL._SL1500_.jpg

Rob Thomas - The Great Unknown

Listening to Rob Thomas after a really long time, and makes me wonder why? Lonely No More was a staple on my iPod when growing up, as were other Matchbox Twenty favorites.

Good music, entertaining and foot tapping music that will get you involved. Not listen in the background while I do some work kind of music. Not surprising, since Rob has always been an entertainer.

Maybe time for other folks to discover (or rediscover) Rob Thomas and Matchbox Twenty.

Don't mean to judge a book by its cover but...

LOL... did that to me too.

Actually good synthpop though... will sheepishly admit got turned on by the wife on the 50 Shades of Grey soundtrack (and there are better tracks on that album), but good synthpop.