• 2 months later...

Bono and The Edge opening The Toronto International Film Festival with their doc From The Sky Down (dir. Davis Guggenheim). I thought I'd stick to the theme and spin, "Achtung Baby".

I can't believe it has been 20 years since the release of this album. I still remember hearing the first single, The Fly, and knew that we were in for something different. Arguably the last great U2 album.

Jay

Jay

Raised on TV.

Evening All,

Still stay with the film fest theme again, lots of music films at TIFF this year! Jonathan Demme to debut his film, "Neil Young Journeys", at TIFF tomorrow evening. I think this will complete the trilogy for the pair who last partnered on "Neil Young:Heart of Gold" and "Neil Young Trunk Show".

Tonight:

Neil Young

Harvest

Neil Young

Mirror Ball

---

Finish with:

Anouar Brahem

Thimar

Jay

Raised on TV.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey REShaman,

Just picked up Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong ultra HD CD 32-bit mastering ELLA and LOUIS as well. It is wonderful! I can finally listen to one of my favorite recordings again. The other copy I have is the Verve remaster from 2000. It's horrible, Louis' horn is so bright I always have to turn it down.

This evening I've played this album twice :-)

Next up:

Muddy Waters

Folk Singer (2ch of SACD)

Jay

Raised on TV.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Also....

At Kumakuma: What??? "...frozen north."??? Heat wave here in Toronto. An ice cube wouldn't stand a change in a pitcher of sangria.

I had a really great WOW moment with this recent download from HD Tracks! I wish all 24/96 sounded this good.

51GSSLNlW0L.jpg

Diana Krall

"The Girl in the Other Room"

Jay

Raised on TV.