IGNORED

UpTone Audio is now an official MUTEC dealer! New REF10 Nano clock in stock today — $1,799

My MUTEC REF10 Nano Clock and 1.5m Belden 4794R 75-Ohm clock cable have now been installed and running, for 24 hours. 

Only 13 days (Mutec recommended burn-in procedure) remaining, before I would expect to hear the full benefit (many folk, who are better wordsmiths than I, have already described this sound improvement).

In any case, I am very happy with the price and advice from Alex,

Yes, I remember that I took particular note of my expensive (silver) I2S cable.  Initially it sounded horrible, then, after at least 200hrs of it's sound cycling between good then horrible, it finally did settle down and produced everything as promised. 

Anyway, as you are aware, Mutec recommend 14 days (350hrs) of burn-in.

I am extremely happy with my EtherRegen (at present powered by a Farad Super3.

So far my new Mutec Ref10 Nano is about half- way in it's burn-in (and so far - so good!).. 

Eventually I will purchase an EtherRegen Gen2, then I will go for an LPS (to power the Gen2 and the Mutec). 

You mention the Js2 and the JS4 - could you please point me to info regarding the JS4 better suitability for my requirements.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am trying to decide if I should purchase a Mutec MC-3 + USB.

Q1. At present, I have a Ref10 Nano providing a clock signal for my EtherREGEN.  Is it just a matter of unplugging the Ref10 Nano clock cable and plugging it into the MC-3 ??  Or, would it be better to have both plugged into the MC-3 ??

Q2. Am I correct in assuming that the MC-3 should be inserted into the USB connection between my Holo Audio Red and my Holo Audio May  ???

22 hours ago, Schafheide said:

I am trying to decide if I should purchase a Mutec MC-3 + USB.

Q1. At present, I have a Ref10 Nano providing a clock signal for my EtherREGEN.  Is it just a matter of unplugging the Ref10 Nano clock cable and plugging it into the MC-3 ??  Or, would it be better to have both plugged into the MC-3 ??

Q2. Am I correct in assuming that the MC-3 should be inserted into the USB connection between my Holo Audio Red and my Holo Audio May  ???

Upon further thought, the Reclocker will not be suitable - in order to play DSD1024 (or at least DSD512), the May requires either a USB or i2s connection from the MC-3+.

I am very aware that, in comparing my implementation of a particular piece of hardware or software, with other folk.

But for me, the REF10 NANO gives me a wider sound stage, with better instrument definition, more solid bass ad more appreciation of the recording hall acoustics.  Can't get much better than that!