IGNORED

Mac, Itunes and Sonos

Currently using a Mac, Itunes and wireless Sonos to DAC, Pre...etc.

CD collection is on itunes in Apple Lossless.

Looking for recommendations on a way to download and enjoy higher resolution audio with my current system.

Recommendation on which format to save high res audio?

I don't believe Sonos will support higher res from Mac to DAC but any rumor it will in the future?

Just recently found out about this site. Didn't realize the library of high resolution downloads was available. Awesome!!!

Sonos doesn't support high resolution audio. To achieve this you'll have to change to another system.

You could connect your MacMini direct to your DAC. Alternatively if you need wireless, look at Squeezebox Touch which supports 24/96.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Thanks Eloise. I was afraid Sonos didn't support high res when I was searching the forums. I don't have a Mac Mini, just a desktop Mac but I just thought of something, I do have a first generation Apple TV with optical output.

I will search the forum but might as well as the question, any thoughts on using an Apple TV for high res to a DAC via optical (DAC does not have HDMI inputs)?

Thanks.

Unfortunately the Apple TV is also limited to CD resolution.

The only cheap (less than £1000) option for high res via Ethernet is Squeezebox Touch.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.