IGNORED

"Onkyo HF Player" taking ages to load directories.

Skylark

I paid for the full version of "Onkyo HF PLayer" after carefully comparing its sound performance in comparison to that of "Poweramp".  However, I then found that "Onkyo HF Player" takes ages to load directories, i.e. I have had to endure the spinning timer-wheel for up to 60 secs while an on-screen messages advises the player is "Loading" before the player will begin to play the contents of the selected folder.  I have twiddled with the settings in the hope of remedying this extraordinarily slow loading period, but the timer-wheel continues to spin for ages.

So I have reverted to the full paid version of "Poweramp" which permits me, on the same phone, to instantly switch directories and/or sub-folders, to instantly see the contents, and to immediately begin playback.  I have also discovered that "Poweramp" enables me to create an equaliser setting of my own specifically for my Sony over-ear noise-cancelling headphones, so that by increasing the bass within "Poweramp" the default richness of "HF Player" is reproduced and can also be bettered.

The other huge advantage of both "HF Player" and "Poweramp" for me has been that both apps faultlessly handle playback of all of my phone's audio tracks, which are all in FLAC format.  Other apps, like "Samsung Music" and "VLC" are not able to do this; they occasionally omit tiny parcels of sounds, creating a "stuttering" effect, which I find intensely aggravating, as the flow of the performance of music is corrupted by this flaw.

I like that when using the "Onkyo HF Player" I can keep the large track-details screen showing at all times, so that if I wish to check the details of a piece of music (composer, performer, title of piece, etc) all of those details are immediately and always visible on re-awakening the screen of my phone.  ("Poweramp" requires a few additional finger-presses before all of the same details show.)

So is there a way to get the "HF Player" to read (or "load") the contents of directories immediately, as "Poweramp" does it?